Notices

Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
As far as I can tell there's some issue if the playlist cache is different from the online cache (e.g. if you've moved/deleted/renamed playlists somewhere else). If you try clearing your user data everything should start working again, you can do that by logging out and then accessing the pulley menu on the login page.
That helped. Thanks!
I figureed it was some problem with the playlists, but I hadn't noticed the pulley menu on the login page, so I didn't know how to clear the cache. Thanks again, great app!

Could you please "lock" the shuffle/repeat pulley menu, thanks!

Also: When listening track, and on the bottom you have the small album-art icon along with song/artist/album -texts, it'd be neat if longpressing those (icon or texts) you could get a menu where you can choose the artist or album (search).

First of all, thanks for the awesome Spotify client for Sailfish OS

There are a few issues that annoy me though :c I'm not sure if they are CuteSpotify related, but it's worth a try

1. When not connected to the internet, and listening music in offline mode, the app still asks for a connection. You know, the select WLAN/mobile internet menu.

2. When connected via Bluetooth to an external speaker, the audio quality is very bad. It's like there is no bass at all.

If you could fix these two, I'd be eternally grateful

a little bug (maybe) related to bluetooth audio: I can use Cutespotify just fine in my Car with Bluetooth audio streaming. Sound Quality is OK for me.
But when I turn off car radio / disconnect bluetooth pairing, cutespotify crashes.
Makes no difference if Cutespotify is playing or playback is paused.

Would be great if playback was paused on headphone/bluetooth disconnect, but just quitting without comment is not quite as nice...

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by Elleo View Post
P.S.
If you enjoy CuteSpotify please consider making a small donation. I'm a freelance developer, so the more I receive in donations the more time I can spend working on it instead of looking for new clients. Thanks!
Donated!

The Following User Says Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Hm the app suddenly doesn't work anymore, i.e. I can't start it.

When I start it from console this is the output:
Code:
[nemo@localhost ~]$ /usr/bin/harbour-cutespotify -d
[D] QWaylandEglIntegration::QWaylandEglIntegration:58 - Using Wayland-EGL 
14:25:38.406 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:4070

14:25:38.459 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 194.14.177.2:4070

14:25:39.502 I [offline-mgr:2082] Storage has been cleaned

DeclarativeCoverWindow: I have a default alpha buffer
Segmentation fault
Any suggestions what that could be?

Thanks

Got two offline playlists. Started the other when online, then went offline. App plays the playlist fine and I can use the icon actions. However when I try to open full view the app is in state "Logging in" and nothing happens.

BUT:

Tried offline logging in and it works ok. Also the full view gives above mentioned offline lists. So this is mainly a problem if going online to offline "on the fly".

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by luke_dirtwalker View Post
Hm the app suddenly doesn't work anymore, i.e. I can't start it.

When I start it from console this is the output:
Code:
[nemo@localhost ~]$ /usr/bin/harbour-cutespotify -d
[D] QWaylandEglIntegration::QWaylandEglIntegration:58 - Using Wayland-EGL 
14:25:38.406 I [ap:1752] Connecting to AP ap.spotify.com:4070

14:25:38.459 I [ap:1226] Connected to AP: 194.14.177.2:4070

14:25:39.502 I [offline-mgr:2082] Storage has been cleaned

DeclarativeCoverWindow: I have a default alpha buffer
Segmentation fault
Any suggestions what that could be?

Thanks
This seems to happen after playlists have been changed in some way elsewhere (renaming them, moving them, etc.); haven't had time to track it down properly yet, you can fix it by just removing your cached data.

To do that through the GUI switch the phone to offline mode, start CuteSpotify, go to Settings and then Log out. Then from the pulley menu select "Clear user data and offline songs". Then close CuteSpotify, switch the phone back to online mode and log in to CuteSpotify again.

To do it from the command line just do "rm -r ~/.local/share/harbour-cutespotify"

The Following User Says Thank You to Elleo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by t0mps0 View Post
Got two offline playlists. Started the other when online, then went offline. App plays the playlist fine and I can use the icon actions. However when I try to open full view the app is in state "Logging in" and nothing happens.

BUT:

Tried offline logging in and it works ok. Also the full view gives above mentioned offline lists. So this is mainly a problem if going online to offline "on the fly".
Yep, this is a known issue, there's something up in the logic for switching back to the playlist view after reconnecting, haven't had time to dig into it in detail yet I'm afraid.

Hi,
had problems with play stopping after 10s or so, when the cutespotify was running in the background. Tried to uninstall and wipe cache following your instructions above.... seemed to have wiped a bit more than necessary!!! First I noticed that all the Android software was gone. Basically nothing worked. Luckily I was able to open the settings and return the phone to factory settings..and took a backup yesterday. Local back-ups were also wiped. If I turned the phone off there might have been difficulties to get it back up as some of the main parts of the sw was gone.

Why this happened?

Tags
meespot, qt5 wayland, sailfish, spotify, ubuntu touch