Posts: 29 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ West Yorkshire, UK
Just wondering what other phones people on here use besides the N900, I personally use two other phones.

I've got a Samsung Monte which I got on holiday because I forgot my N900 charger. Yes I know it would have been cheaper and wiser to just buy a charger but I have my very odd moments. It's overall not a bad phone as such, decent quality screen and appearance, nothing too special though. No super fancy features.

The other being a HTC Touch 3G which I was given as basically a "toy" when my mother upgraded to a Nokia C7.
By "toy" I mean something to hack around with, seeing what other operating systems I could flash to it, currently running WinMo6.5 on it with SPB mobile shell rather than the standard WinMo6.1 with touchflo. I have also managed to get android installed on it for a while, though I couldn't get it to run too well.

So what other phones do you guys use and why?

Look forward to hearing what you guys use

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, couldn't really find an appropriate section for it, also sorry if this has been posted before, I did try searching.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tyrian89 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
N95 & N97.

N95 because I have stacks of games on it that I still love playing......oh, and the alarm clock is really loud lol. And because I love the phone to bits and can't bear to part with it.

And the N97 has been my main phone for the last year. Hmm. A complete pain in the arse phone it has been.

And I have an N900 on order now, and hopefully it should arrive tommorow \o/

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-01-07 at 22:51.

I'd be lost without my N900 now, if I lost it somehow, be it; theft, breakage or simply losing it, I would replace it with another N900 in a heartbeat. Nothing beats this beast.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tyrian89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
N95 & N97.

N95 because I have stacks of games on it that I still love playing......oh, and the alarm clock is really loud lol. And because I love the phone to bits and can't bear to part with it.

And the N97 has been my main phone for the last year. Hmm. Pain in the arse phone it has been.

And I have an N900 on order now, and hopefully it should arrive tommorow \o/
That's a pretty stark contrast between one of the best Nokia phones ever and one of the worst. The N97 was one of the worst things Nokia has ever produced. I can't believe they tried to sell it for over 500 euros with such outdated hardware at the time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
mainly my n900, however i do use a vodafone 360 when my N900 is being repaired and i need a phone which seems to be every other month. For £10 it's actually a pretty decent phone

The Following User Says Thank You to xRobby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
mainly my n900, however i do use a vodafone 360 when my N900 is being repaired and i need a phone which seems to be every other month. For £10 it's actually a pretty decent phone
Would that be the Samsung Vodafone 360 (H1 or M1)?

The Following User Says Thank You to tyrian89 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
That's a pretty stark contrast between one of the best Nokia phones ever and one of the worst. The N97 was one of the worst things Nokia has ever produced. I can't believe they tried to sell it for over 500 euros with such outdated hardware at the time.
Yeah, I know. I bought the N97, purely off the back of the great N95. I didn't even research the N97 before I got it, because I automatically assumed that what with the N95 being so good, how could I go wrong with the N97?

Heh.

More fool me. I won't make that mistake again. 434mhz ARM11 with NO GPU! Omg. And it only became barely useable after 2 Firmware updates!

Anyway, I got my N900 coming tommorow (The phone that I should have got in November 2009). I can't wait. Gonna be spending tommorow clearing all my stuff off of the N97, then I'm putting it up for sale.

I doubt I'll get very much for it though.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-01-07 at 23:01.

Originally Posted by tyrian89 View Post
I'd be lost without my N900 now, if I lost it somehow, be it; theft, breakage or simply losing it, I would replace it with another N900 in a heartbeat. Nothing beats this beast.
Wow. I wished I had read up on reviews like this before I got that stupid N97 haha. Thats a big statement to make because N900's aren't cheap either.

Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Wow. I wished I had read up on reviews like this before I got that stupid N97 haha. Thats a big statement to make because N900's aren't cheap either.
Remember, you are talking to the guy who bought a new phone instead of a new charger when he forgot his.

On a side note, the charger for the Monte works with the N900, So I wasn't without it on holiday.

The Following User Says Thank You to tyrian89 For This Useful Post:
N900 mostly but I do keep my old N95 close by for times when there could be a high risk of damage/loss, like clubbing & other activities

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post: