Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
The message is clearly that Jolla would rather people suffer inconvenience and miss potentially important voicemails than either acknowledging or fixing the problem.
To be fair, they acknowledged it in January 2014 (the most voted answer in the TJC thread). But we are still waiting for the ETA since then...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
To be fair, they acknowledged it in January 2014 (the most voted answer in the TJC thread). But we are still waiting for the ETA since then...
I'd call warning users (on the phone) an acknowledgement. Not one sentence on Together a year ago that it's on the to-do list, or a recent update specifying that it's not being worked on currently and no ETA.

I admire you for doing what they couldn't be bothered to. But it's patently clear that Jolla could have fixed this immediately after it was first brought up, with almost no man hours or resources invested ... and I'm sure some of their software engineers were more than aware of how little work it would take.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
You missed completely the problem here.
No I didn't, I wasn't aiming at one.

I was just commenting on a post that claimed there is no way to know if anyone called while underground, without receiving a voice mail. I provided my experience (I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough about the fact that I am providing my own case, but it seemed obvious) on this issue which contradicted the aforementioned claim.

If I were you, I would contact your service provider and ask if they could send regular text messages (like yhe ones I tried did by default) as a workaround. And again, I am not proposing this as a solution to the problem and I'm not saying there isn't any problem. All I was saying is that not all users are affected (like myself). I was in no way trying to downplay your issue, neither was I advocating its presence.

BTW kudos to everyone who is not quoting 'bluefoot' - I can imagine the content of his posts quite vividly; even without having to see it

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi to all
I did something different, WITHOUT patching Locscreen.qml file... I created daemon that run simple script and check every 20 sec if voicemail is "true".
Now I have LED/Sound/Event_&_Lock screen notifications like all other (mail, sms etc...), until Jolla will implement it like it should be
If user will delete this notification, but voicemail is still "true", this script will send notification again. Also if user read (listen) all voice mails, script will delete notification from event/lock screens.
If someone want it, I can upload to openrepos...
Some screenshots:
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi to all
I did something different, WITHOUT patching Locscreen.qml file... I created daemon that run simple script and check every 20 sec if voicemail is "true".
sounds awesome battery draining

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
sounds awesome battery draining
Maybe... Don't know.. I have some custom daemons and battery is ok
And like I said it's temporary until jolla will implement it or Zeta or you will create real functional patch

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
nodevel,

Sorry If there was a misunderstanding.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I was just commenting on a post that claimed there is no way to know if anyone called while underground, without receiving a voice mail.
This post only states that for some network operators this is true, not that it is for all. There is a list in the TJC post of some of the operators for which it happens.

I provided my experience (I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough about the fact that I am providing my own case, but it seemed obvious) on this issue which contradicted the aforementioned claim.
In France (where I am from), we have both cases. Bouygues notifications don't work (on Jolla Only, all my other phones get them correctly) and there is not SMS fallback. On the operator "Free", notification doesn't work too (on Jolla only again), but there is a way to activate the SMS notifications.
In any case the notification works, but sometimes you can have a fallback.
From what I understand, in your case you are using this fallback as the phone doesn't provide the functionality itself. Am I right ?

All I was saying is that not all users are affected (like myself). I was in no way trying to downplay your issue, neither was I advocating its presence.
Understood. This was already discussed in TJC, but I shouldn't assume everyone read several pages of discussions there to continue here

Last edited by Zeta; 2015-01-27 at 21:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Hi to all
Now I have LED/Sound/Event_&_Lock screen notifications like all other (mail, sms etc...), until Jolla will implement it like it should be
If user will delete this notification, but voicemail is still "true", this script will send notification again. Also if user read (listen) all voice mails, script will delete notification from event/lock screens.
If someone want it, I can upload to openrepos...
Some screenshots:
Good !

So you succeed in using the trick r0kk3rz gave me (as described in a post in first page) !
I didn't take the time to make an app of it.
As Coderus said, I would be interested in the battery impact, but this looks like something closer to the real solution !

What I thought when tried the notification, was that we can give a command to run when clicking on the notification. In this case an open-ui and call the voicemail number would be great. The voicemail number can be retrieved directly from the ofono message waiting structure.

If you want to share the code, I'd happily take a look and probably try it on my phone.

Thanks a lot for pushing the idea this far !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
I created daemon that run simple script and check every 20 sec if voicemail is "true".
Thinking a bit about this...

Can't we do it by connecting to ofono dbus interface signaling, so no polling is needed (like with pipes in shell, or signal/slot in Qt) ?
I assume this would allow faster feedback (not needed to wait 20 seconds when read for it to disappear, even if this is not a problem at all), without needing to wake up the phone for checking it (battery benefit ?) ?

Good !
So you succeed in using the trick r0kk3rz gave me (as described in a post in first page) !
I didn't take the time to make an app of it.
Hi
Not really...

What I thought when tried the notification, was that we can give a command to run when clicking on the notification. In this case an open-ui and call the voicemail number would be great. The voicemail number can be retrieved directly from the ofono message waiting structure.
This is exactly what I want to do, but don't know how to implement it into my python notification script. If you can help me, would be nice.

Here is how I did it...
1. I got some help from VDVsx (https://together.jolla.com/question/...-command-line/)

2. My python script:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
import dbus

bus = dbus.SessionBus()
object = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.Notifications','/org/freedesktop/Notifications')
interface = dbus.Interface(object,'org.freedesktop.Notifications')
#print(interface.GetCapabilities())

interface.Notify("app_name",
                 "icon-lock-voicemail",
                 "You have Voice Mail !",
                 "Voicemail notifer",
                 dbus.Array(["default", ""]),
                 dbus.Dictionary({"x-nemo-preview-body": "Voicemail notifer",
                                  "x-nemo-preview-summary": "You have Voice Mail !",
                                  "category": "x-nemo.messaging.voicemail"},
                                  signature='sv'),
                 0)
Don't know how to implement here option for calling to voicemail by pressing on the notification. If you know would be great.

3. My script that daemon start:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

while true
do

time=$(cat /usr/share/openrepos-voicemailnotifer/time)

mailstatus=$(/usr/lib/qt5/bin/qdbus --system org.ofono /ril_0  org.ofono.MessageWaiting.GetProperties|grep Waiting|awk '{print $2}')

if [[ $mailstatus == "true" ]]; then
    pid=$(sqlite3 /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Notifications/notifications.db "select * from notifications;"|grep "lock-voicemail"|cut -d '|' -f1)
    if [[ $pid == "" ]]; then
     su -l nemo -c "python /usr/share/openrepos-voicemailnotifer/notifer3.py"
     else
     : 
    fi
   else
       pid=$(sqlite3 /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Notifications/notifications.db "select * from notifications;"|grep "lock-voicemail"|cut -d '|' -f1)
       if [[ $pid == "" ]]; then
         : 
         else
         su -l nemo -c "notificationtool -o remove -i $pid"
       fi
fi

sleep $time
done
4. The "time" file include 20s - checking time interval.

That all

P.S. I'm not programmer, I just like scripting a little bit

If someone want to try my package, you can download here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-1.armv7hl.rpm
Installation automatically activate it, you can deactivate it by pressing on the icon. Remove package from terminal as ROOT:
Code:
pkcon remove voicemailnotifer
Or long press on the icon and "x".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, voicemail