Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Don't you have the .deb files of everything?

You can reinstall all of them in one go then...
Oh...True... But wouldn't that probably "install" the messaging problem as well?

Later,
Chinoman10.

Edit: I'd prefer to install the apps one-by-one, to ensure a clean installation, but I'd like to restore contacts and contents (music/video).. I'm sure that's possible
Edit2: ****... It's all in the same option... I can't not-restore the apps :/

Last edited by Chinoman10; 2012-10-10 at 01:47.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well you can just edit your backup folder and remove applications.zip from it...

Fiddle around with things and you'll get the hang of them...don't fret

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Well you can just edit your backup folder and remove applications.zip from it...

Fiddle around with things and you'll get the hang of them...don't fret
It's cool... It couldn't restore the apps anyways, probably because the FirmWare was different...

Anyways, thanks for everything mate
I have one-week old messages, but that's my problem :P

As I said, we'll see if this fixed it or not ^^
In the meantime, later today I'll see if I can install FasterN9.. Is it simple, btw?

Later,
Chinoman10.

Originally Posted by Chinoman10 View Post
In the meantime, later today I'll see if I can install FasterN9.. Is it simple, btw?

Later,
Chinoman10.
FasterN9 is as simple as downloading a .deb and installing it

Also the apps were not restored because they come from store or apps4meego meaning the origin is different and can't be installed...Basically the backup&restore feature of the n9 is nothing more than a glorified contacts, messages, call logs and calendar backup&restore...

Once you are set use N9QTweak and it has a much better backup&restore feature by farfary...Read PDF/Wiki for further details...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I sorta have the same problem, though not (primarily) with SMS, but with Skype conversations.

I would get notifications about incoming messages, but they don't show up in the conversation view until later. Sometimes even my own messages are lost for a while.

I noticed tracker-store and smartsearch are grinding the CPU while this happens. I tried 'kilall messaging-ui' as suggested upthread, and that seems to help concerning past messages, but newly incoming messages are again delayed.

Does anybody have a recommendation on how to fix this more prominently, short of "wipe your messaging db"?

if you have the problem only with your Skype account, why not delete and re-add the account?

Obviously your conversations would all get deleted so we back them up using SMS backup from wwwfy... Only once you are sure the backup contains your conversations should you try the deletion of account... The backup is in a .csv file so you can see its contents using any text editor...

Edit: Link you need: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83166

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-11 at 14:12.

I'm am pretty sure this problem is caused by excess of messages...
If only there was a way to delete the 1001 rst message every time I get a new one (like I have on my N8...)...

Later,
Chinoman10.

PS: I recommend deleted all messages more than a week old... Or move them to your PC with Nokia Suite..

CHINOMAN Im having the exactly same problem with u with my n9 here. I'd tried reading your conversation with the dead. But i dont exactly understand what u guys talking about. To be truth im not a genius in understanding these phone n computer stuff. Truely sorry about that. So im hoping that u could give perhaps a tutorial how to fix my n9 so that it would be as it suppose to be. Thanks a lot!
QUOTE=Chinoman10;1267739]First of all, will I ever get rid of the Captcha? (this is my 1st post)

Second, and on topic:
I sometimes send an SMS, and it says it's forever sending, although my contact on the other side confirms that it has received the text msg already.
This isn't a big of a deal, since I only loose for a few minutes (sometimes hours) the information that tells me when the message was received.
What REALLY bugs me is when people send ME an sms:
If I'm using the phone, I can see a preview on the notifications bar, and if it was locked, I can also see a preview on the lock screen...
However, if I swype at the lock screen, or click the notifications bar, or even go to the "Messages" app manually, it surprisingly doesn't show the damn message on the conversation.

This usually happens when I'm texting with 2+ people at the same time... I'm guessing this is somehow caused by a problem with my Message tracker or something? If that exists...
Also, is it possible that my "idle apps" are causing the phone to become a little slower? (idle apps are apps that can be closed, although they still do their "jobs", like ProfileMatic, MyMoves, EasyAnswer, etc...)

I've been having these problems almost since I can remember...
I could live with this problem of only being able to see the messages after a few minutes (sometimes hours) after I receive them, but I'm sick of comments telling me to throw my phone away, or send it to warranty :/
I LOVE my N9, I've never seen such great piece of technology, that's why I REALLY don't want to send it to warranty, knowing that they'll probably just format the phone to fix it :/
And as obvious, the worst thing someone can tell me is that my phone sucks... but I'm getting a bit off-topic here...

Any ideas on how I can MAYBE fix this?

If you can tell me which is the "App" I need to restart, instead of the whole phone, that would be brilliant, although it doesn't fix the problem, it could save me precious minutes since the phone takes 1 or 2 minutes to restart completely... (I'm talking about restarting the Messaging app, since I've seen you can restart the Stand-by screen also, if you're doing changes to it (I've read the whole topic about that)).

Sorry for the long post, and any help/reply is much appreciated!

Later,
Chinoman10.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the dead also perhaps can help out...please

I just realized your gigantic post is actually a quote of my first post :P
So basically what you should do is get the most recent Nokia Suite (possibly a beta one) so it detects your N9.

After it's done loading the content from your phone, go to the last symbol on the top, it should have a yellow exclamation mark (!).

After you click, on the bottom left you should see "Phone and Tools" or something like that.

After clicking there, wait until the top right symbol of the phone stops "Updating" and click on "Make space".

It will tell you (most likely) that you have over 2 thousand (2000) messages on your phone, and that you should move them to your computer.

In my case, I had 14,6k messages, which were a mere 4,6MB.

You need to be calm, as this will most likely take a very long time to get done... (I usually have to wait a few hours, with my phone connected to the PC until it finishes "Updating")

Later,
Chinoman10.