Hi,

I personally know that many people use the camera for video calls.. I myself, do not ever use that feature.. But the thing is, I only use the camera to well.. Take pictures..Yes I know that the camera wasnt really meant to take pictures. I was pretty okay with the camera on the N800. I personally would of hoped that they maybe improved the cameras quality a bit. But see on the N810, the camera is just positned in the front. It doesnt swivel back and front, to top, and bottom like the N800. But someone please, correct me if I am wrong. Also, would there ever be like.. A hardware change to the camera, and the faceplate, to "switch" the camera from being position in front of you, to the back?? Thanks.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Yeah, I'm another person that's a little annoyed with the placement of the camera this time around as I often use my N800 camera to take pictures just because it's so handy and always with me.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d&id=726931730

Some examples, all taken on the N800.

Oh well.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
I sort of agree with you. The N800 didn't exactly have the best quality for pictures, but thats what I used it for. I'm hoping that the N810 has a second camera Like the N95 (one in front for low-res vid call, one in back for high res pictures). I have yet to see such a camera on the back of the N810, admitidly I haven't really looked that hard.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
It doesn't have one on the back... someone would have mentioned it by now.

That's how it is with products. Take it or leave it. If you are happy with the N800's cam - what's the problem ? I mean this is like: Why does the Porsche turbo have this wind tunnels on the side i like it better without like the Carrera S. Yeah sure people are different, that's why there are different Products - you will just have to go with the lesser of x evils

I would have put the camera on a swivel in the top center of the tablet so that video call users are always centered and you could just roll it around to the back side for taking pictures. Not the end of the world though.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I would have put the camera on a swivel in the top center of the tablet so that video call users are always centered and you could just roll it around to the back side for taking pictures. Not the end of the world though.
Actuallay thats not a bad idea.. I can just imagine it right now..

And yeah zeez, I can see where your going with this. I just wanted to see who else where a little dissapointed with the camera.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
ooooh, the top would have been a KILLER spot for the camera.

The 800's camera is so bad, I just plain don't use it. So I couldn't really care less that the 810's doesn't swivel.

But I'm definitely disappointed it didn't come with a back-facing 'good' camera (3+MP w/ decent lens).

Looks like I'll keep using my phone's camera and just swapping the SD card over.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
It doesn't have one on the back... someone would have mentioned it by now.

Yeah I know, I know. But that doesn't stop me from hoping....

Maybe they all missed it?

edit: misspellings... grumble grumble....