The code in my post above seems to be missing bits....
Attached is the script I use as a file.
If you still have problems it might be worth using another folder to hold your scripts; anything under MyDocs is on the 32GB drive which is a FAT32 format and so cannot be given execute permissions. I use /home/user/scripts as for my bash scripts.
Attached Files
File Type: txt connect.sh.txt (1.2 KB, 127 views)

Last edited by hutchinsfairy; 2011-10-21 at 08:29.

Also of note is the alarmd schedule. I use the 'cron string' scheduling in alarmd as I only want this script to run during my working hours.
Examples:
*/5 9-17 * * 1-5 <-- Every 5 minutes, 9am til 5pm, Mon to Fri, 365 days a year.

30 * * * 1-5 <-- Half past every hour, weekdays

Originally Posted by hutchinsfairy View Post
If you still have problems it might be worth using another folder to hold your scripts; anything under MyDocs is on the 32GB drive which is a FAT32 format and so cannot be given execute permissions. I use /home/user/scripts as for my bash scripts.
Thanks, that worked for me, and definitely more user-friendly than my attempt. Mine still seems to be throwing errors if the network isn't found.

However, it might be a moot point. When I opened alarmed today I noticed that "connect to network" is a built-in event type. Don't think that was there earlier in the year. So maybe the script is no longer necessary.

feature was just added last month! :-D
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=486

Last edited by Flynx; 2011-10-21 at 18:49.

aww dang. alarmed built-in network connect does not check to see if you are already connected to the network. so it will perpetually disconnect and reconnect in our usage case. Looks like I still need the script.

Originally Posted by hutchinsfairy View Post
The script above fails when the profile / network name contains non-letters, e.g., "Some Uni (iphone.works-here)". Please share the fix for this problem, if you have it.

Link to thread with proper system solution: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96277

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, wpa2-eap