Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Why have I done this - because I realized I wanted to change more things in Hildon-desktop, and the lock screen was definitely not the place to put it.

So, I finally realized what the GNOME 3 devs got right - the notification/tray area. So I'm ripping that off, and pasting it into Hildon.

On the first page of status plugins (shown) you have the signal level, time and date, and notifications. If you want to access more stuff (e.g. Advanced Interface Switcher, Flashlight, Easy Brightness) , you'll have to swipe the top-bar to the side (as indicated by the arrow)

To open the apps menu/task switcher, you pull down the top bar. A simpler version of the top bar appears when you launch apps (to be designed).

EDIT: A long press on the big menu bar would enable you to connect to networks, change the wallpaper, etc.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-28 at 12:03.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
great work...

is it allready in the repos??

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

@~phoenix~

I can't see the image(s) due to the college computer not being great. As stated in the title, it is a mockup and not an actual software package.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by ~phoenix~ View Post
great work...

is it allready in the repos??
No, look in the title, it's a mockup.
And dude, Lockerz is a scam, please remove that from your sig.

I think Smoku has made progress implementing Gnome Power Management in Cordia (hildon for MeeGo)if it is of any help.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=200

The Following User Says Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
mannnnn thats sick..................

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
3 words to say:
Beautiful, elegant, practical.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
i have some questions :
1- what would you do if you want everything back to normal like it was before ?
2- how many desktops will you have ? and will they all be the same ?
3- when will you finish and release it ?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
I'd love the bottom bar (that says Ram, Swap...) to be pushed lower, settled just at the bottom of the screen, and to be solely for app shortcuts, and to be horizontally scrollable. This will prevent me from using 4 desktops for placing shortcuts, and will stop me from experiencing the ugly vsync-less transition!

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
I'd love the bottom bar (that says Ram, Swap...) to be pushed lower, settled just at the bottom of the screen, and to be solely for app shortcuts, and to be horizontally scrollable. This will prevent me from using 4 desktops for placing shortcuts, and will stop me from experiencing the ugly vsync-less transition!
Point taken, RAM and SWAP info moved to main-menubar, second page.