Hello everybody.. I have made a search in the forum but without finding anything..

I use a lot the touch feature in n800, usually using only in few situation the stylus.
Normally I have a few problems with text input: very very often the n800 recognize my "hand tap" as a "stylus tap" and (even if it usually does not matter when navigating the apps menu) I dislike every-time the opening of the small stylus keyboard (with the redimensioning of the whole navigation interface, and every-time the pressing of the central navigation button).

I wonder if it is possible to set the maemo tablet only to the "hand interface" mode..

Thank-you!!!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Charlottesville
while I can see the use in this (i only use my trusty thumbs as well) I can't see disabling the stylus keyboard going well. maybe if you could remove the stylus keyboard but map the thumb keyboard back to its entry. If you JUST removed the stylus keyboard without remapping back to the thumb keyboard, all those times that the stylus keyboard came up would just be empty clicks.

Not sure how hard this would be to do. I am assuming its getting knee deep in hacking the OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to manchuia For This Useful Post: