Active Topics

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Perhaps because the company behind the phone won't provide adequate or competitive customer support?
Maybe, but what does it have to do with Nokia?

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Unpossible... You have almost 600 thanks, that can't be 12 karma... Have you linked up your talk account for karma ?
A-ha! No I hadn't,,

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
A-ha! No I hadn't,,
Brace for the karma surge

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
In my case.. i kno m gna buy a meego with 4g... as far as my n900 goes.. i hv it fr anothr few yrs fr sure .

Banned | Posts: 206 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
That's like saying Toyota has no support because BMW has set the bar so much higher. BMW setting a high bar has no impact on how well Toyota supports it's products. Saying support other places is better is fine, it's objective and people can read such a statement as opinion. Saying there is no support is something different, it's a statement of fact (or non-fact in this case). The OP is saying there's no support, which having 3 releases in under a year would seem to debunk..
Toyota makes great vehicles, so does BMW. I would buy either over a Chevy any day. What's your point?

Fact: Nokia released a device with software that was not finished. Period. It is missing features that anyone would expect from a smartphone. Period. They have bungled any sort of OVI support, from ovi services integration, to the ovi store. Full stop.

Don't quote me anything about it being a "step 4 of 5" device either, Nokia didn't put that anywhere on it's advertisements when it was trying to get people to drop $600 on a 4/5th complete device.

Don't try and say it's not a phone, it's a mobile computer, because if the N900 is a mobile computer, then so is every other high end smartphone which has more features and functionality. Three half-baked bugfix updates does not equate to the major OS upgrades that Android and iOS devices are seing.

The worst part is that they are fixing it, but if you want the fix you are expected to drop another $600+ to get it. Is it really worth the money when you could buy a Motorola (I still can't even believe I can use Motorola as an example of a company doing something right) and get major software updates? The Droid is getting it's 2.2 update this week, along with all the newer models. HTC is trickling out updates for their devices as we speak.

If Nokia wants the high end market they are going to have to at least match what the competition is doing. If not they will fall by the wayside as someone else takes the market lead.

Last edited by ZShakespeare; 2010-07-28 at 23:56.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
lol, follow this thread on the official Nokia forums with them promising OVI suite support and watch as the months goes by...:

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...00/td-p/576344

Get treated like rubbish

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Yes I will cause I have no problem with my N900 most people here a most ****** whinners that bought wrong mobile than blame nokia for theyr own mistakes.
People like you:
* Condone Nokia to mistreat its customers
* Treat genuine upset customer posts as irrelevant
* Have no perspective on the history of this situation
* Are probably not very open minded and/or selfish
* Can't spell

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-29 at 00:32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperiallight For This Useful Post:
yes...and its gonna be a maemo phone

why wouln't I buy one ?

not a chance got a good enough taste with the n900 i'm more likely to buy an intel meego than a nokia meego but more likely i'll be snuggling an android

btw side note intel also supports android there porting 2.2 thanks intel

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to superg05 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokiaisrelevant, noreally!