Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I start this thread to discuss the OOM (Out Of Memory) settings on SFOS 2.0.1.x, because I find it pretty agressive. I just had only the browser opened, one tab (Pocket page) in normal mode and 2 tabs in private mode. And when I closed one of the 2 private tabs, I see the first one to reload (it was open 2 mns ago and didn't switch or sleep the phone).

My overcommit ratio is 75%, I just wanna know if there are some other settings I can try to limit the OOM impact.

Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I have received the update notification, but have not yet updated. Are you saying that the OOM has gotten more agressive again? I feel that it is quite good now, so don't want to ruin it for marginal updates.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
There are. But i think tabs are not realated with oom killer. maybe i am wrong. you can have loads of them on opera browser without any crashes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Tabs reloading is the stock browser bug. It is related to OOM only marginally, in the sense that by not caching the open tabs, they are trying to reduce the RAM usage to reduce the chance of OOM. If the real OOM kicked in, the whole browser would be killed, not just some tabs needed reloading.

I agree it is annoying as hell especially if you are entering some data in the tab that gets reloaded. I am sure Stskeeps et al would call it a feature but I call it unquestionably a bug. No other mobile device I have ever used does that, not even this cheap and underpowered Android tablet I am using right now.

Last edited by pichlo; 2016-04-30 at 21:22. Reason: noticed and fixed an overzealous autocorrect ('et al,' not 'at all')

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Have been answered herr

https://together.jolla.com/question/...wmemorykiller/
Yep, I tried this, but result is not so good... It worked well something like 30min, after this phone going be very lagging...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Yep, I tried this, but result is not so good... It worked well something like 30min, after this phone going be very lagging...
Of course

Thats one reason its implemented.
Dont turn OOM off alltogether

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Just out of interest, what are you people doing to see OOM and lags? I saw lots of them in the past but not a single since Saimaa. I have two text editors, two file browsers, two terminals and one browser with three tabs open. I am grepping for something in one terminal and compiling in the other, while I am typing this post. All working smoothly.

Last edited by pichlo; 2016-05-01 at 15:41. Reason: Added missed 'not'. A small word, a big difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just out of interest, what are you people doing to see OOM and lags? I saw lots of them in the past but a single since Saimaa. I have two text editors, two file browsers, two terminals and one browser with three tabs open. I am grepping for something in one terminal and compiling in the other, while I am typing this post. All working smoothly.
WhatsApp, Mail, Browser (3-4 tabs), Phone, FileTug (1) - By playing with one of them after some time I can see zombie cover of or mail, or browser or WhatsApp etc... Sometimes only one zombie cover, sometimes almost all of them...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post: