Notices

Community Council | Posts: 4,113 | Thanked: 9,870 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Thanks!
I was not aware of the project. Cutespot is nice but an official application is welcome too.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,489 | Thanked: 3,003 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Well, Purism has raised nearly $1.8 million. With 6 days to go they will probably end up just shy of $2 million which is good and exceeds the original goal by approximately 20%. Just looking at the funding page it seems like Purism has to produce about 2500 Librum 5 phones by about or around Jan 2019. Do you think this is doable? How does the probability of Purism's successful delivery of the Librum 5 compare to the Jolla Tablet. Sadly, Jolla just fell short of being able to deliver tablet (except to a few folks).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,380 | Thanked: 4,647 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Of those all in the list, the only thing I need is spotify, and guess what; cutespot works just perfect
cutespot is far from perfect also spotify has removed the binaries needed by cutespot. Not even sure the old so files provided will work on iMX6.

telegram @mike7b4
mastodon.social @mike7b4

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
I hajack your quiestion since I think it is interesting question...

I desperately need below apps if I want to replace my current phone with librem. The list shows that I can't fully replace. For me librem will be used as prof & concept and playing. Replacing main usage I doubt cause of.

I still don't understand why all these companies like Deutsche Bahn (here in Germany) don't invest in complete (content and functional) web pages at first place. A decent browser with HTML5 support would be needed and that's it. It doesn't have to be perfect but it would not exclude people from using "essential" services. An additional app is still fine but couldn't it be step #2...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to einmaleins For This Useful Post:
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
. A decent browser with HTML5 support would be needed and that's it
And that’s the first point most of the alternative mobile OS have been failing so far - even the browser in FFOS had been worse than FF for Android ...

The Following User Says Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post: