Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Was wondering if there are any other folks using Sailfish OS on a device here in the US under T-Mobile. My toddler destroyed my Nexus 5 this evening so I need to get something new. The sailfish port on that device was fairly reasonable, but the hardware had issues like the microphone being terrible.

Looking at the libhybris wiki page it looks like the OnePlus X is the device with the best support for Sailfish that will work with T-Mobile at full speeds. Anyone here using this device or another that works completely with Sailfish OS that they'd recommend?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jef91 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
i am use the opx too, its a good port by kimmoli and more. now i let my jolla phone 1 at home. its fast, good batterie life, good hardware and the kanera is mucj better. i think opx is in this moment thr best supported sfos ported phone. exept the sfdroid...it doesnt have in this moment

The Following User Says Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
OnePlus X is my sfos favorite too.

Originally Posted by cvp View Post
i am use the opx too, its a good port by kimmoli and more. now i let my jolla phone 1 at home. its fast, good batterie life, good hardware and the kanera is mucj better. i think opx is in this moment thr best supported sfos ported phone. exept the sfdroid...it doesnt have in this moment
speaking of sfdroid, jobe-m is in the middle of porting it to the Oneplus X.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Anyone know how the LTE radio in the OPX compares to the OnePlus One or the Nexus 5? My OnePlus One had a fairly weak LTE radio compared to my Nexus 5.

I'm using the Jolla on T-Mobile US. Reception is great, but due to EU radios it's limited to 2G.

I really need LTE otherwise I would have just bought a Jolla by now myself.

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_x-7630.php

T-Mobile's LTE network runs on the 1700/2100MHz frequencies

I'm aware the OnePlus X will work. I've just ordered one in fact. Wanted opinions on it first.

IMHO is great hardware at right price.
Sailfish is running already OK and with support from community it may become a reference for SailfishOS and for us the best linux phone.