Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Already posted here
I was trying to make space for today's latest update. So, I uninstalled few apps and then tried to install the update. It said Not enough memory. That can't be right. Coz I just uninstalled almost 70+ mb worth of apps. So, I rebooted my device and now it never comes up.

Luckily, I have one app (forgot its name) installed which shows the boot logs and stuff when the device is booting.

It reaches this place and then suddenly switches off.

E: videoep: xcb connect failed
E: videoep: xcb connect failed

Before this was the camera daemon which went successful...

Any help on this... Thanks in advance,

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
try take the battery out and leave it off for 10seconds. if it still doesn't boot up then i suggest you do a flasher. reflashing it then get the update. good luck buddy. the update doesn't bring anything new at all nor fixes, it's only optimising the OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
try take the battery out and leave it off for 10seconds. if it still doesn't boot up then i suggest you do a flasher. reflashing it then get the update. good luck buddy. the update doesn't bring anything new at all nor fixes, it's only optimising the OS.
I had to finally flash it to get it to work. Flashed it to 51-1 (PR1.1). Once flashed, I applied the PR1.1.1 update yesterday and all is fine now.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Can anyone help me? I tried uninstalling my apps to prep for the update that was 112mb it said and I must have uninstalled too much or the wrong app and now my N900 will not boot up. I use a mac. Any suggestions? Please help, my phone is just brand new. I'm a novice too at this stuff.