Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I must say I can take pictures with one hand, its not exactly easy due to the weight of the N900. When I hold it in one hand I naturally have my thumb on the back so it can't slide
Thank you for your post. I am curious to learn how you manage not to accidentally tap on the screen. My fingers are big so it doesn't work for me.

People are using christmas to smear N900 - how low can you go?

Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Just shoot some wonderful video with it instead
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but in all your right mind you can not say "Wonderful video" when in fact video recording is flawed on the N900. If I wanted to record wonderful video, i'd whip out my N95. At least with my N95, I have a constant 30fps although it's 640x480 and no focus. The major problem with video recording on the N900 is that there are frame rate issues. You can alleviate the issues by setting the phone to offline mode and closing every other application but, to tell you the truth, who is going to do this when someone just wants to record a minute clip or so? Even by doing this, you only decrease the probability of frame rate issues as they still occur with everything closed.

As someone suggested before, it may be that the camera/video recording app does not have high priority status over other processes thus it gets slowed down by everything else running and causing frame rate issues.

So no, I would not recommend video recording for anyone if they use this as their primary device. I really hope the next firmware update fixes this issue and adds more standard features found on other handsets(like video stabilization).

Last edited by jessi3k3; 2009-12-24 at 23:05.

awesome camera for a phone. video will get fixed real soon i hope, seems to be hit and miss with choppyness. i am very satisfied.

orangebox. please stop.

Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
I must say I can take pictures with one hand, its not exactly easy due to the weight of the N900. When I hold it in one hand I naturally have my thumb on the back so it can't slide.

I agree on the quality but it really REALLY is a tiny lens and a lot of people use MUCH worse quality and happily upload them to their blogs, flickr, etc. Sure I wish it could compete to a low-end P&S but its just not realistic, it would have to be a lot bigger and cost a fortune.
Sorry for off topic but i couldnt help but notice your sig and i'd h*ve to completely agree. I attempted to buy from mpd amd about a week after i preordered i got a call telling my i would have to send them drivers licence, original birth certificate, passport. Needless to say i told them to get stuffed and ordered from nokia directly. About a week after the n900 was released I got a call from mpd saying that they were going to charge my card and they were sending me an n900 (i already had one by then). lol.

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
The N900 has a 6 out of 10 rating on my scale for indoor pictures. Most pictures I took ended up being fuzzy, overcompressed and grainy. At least red eye didn't seem to be a problem. Taking pictures with one hand is near impossible, because the slider either pops open ifI support the phone from the bottom with my thumb or if I support it from the back, the touch screen gets pushed.

Of course I knew that I should't expect more from the N900 in the camera department, I just wanted to inform people who would want to know the real thing and not sugar coated reviews: don't expect too much from the N900's camera.
Please let us know which phone you recommend to use as the primary camera for our XMas pictures.

Troll the ancient yuletide carol...

hahaha.....

Well most regular camers phones and even some camera or even DSLR can't handle pictures indoor with bad lighting *low performance ISO*. So if u are gonna take pictures then make sure u can have as much light as possible on.

As snap shots it does pretty well but if u planning on taking family picture pick up at least a p&s if u seriously want to capture the moment.....

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Kypeli View Post
Please let us know which phone you recommend to use as the primary camera for our XMas pictures.
Nokia itself has produced at least 5 phones that have better camera for cheaper, let alone other manufacturers (not Apple before you start accusing me). N900 camera as others pointed out is great outdoors but it doesn't take away from the fact that it is only average indoors.

Tags
n900 sux as x-mas camera