Notices

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
This feature is planned, but I'm not sure when exactly it will be implemented. Hopefully, as soon as Canola's source code is released, others will join and help get this to work. Cheers

Originally Posted by lfelipe View Post
Thanks, I'll try to reproduce it here, but if you get any more information please report it to us. Cheers,
I've also had this bug happen, unpredictably unfortunately, for several builds including B11. If I figure out how to reproduce it, I'll post my steps, but I have no theories so far—just wanted to confirm that the original poster is not the only one suffering.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Berkshire, UK
Originally Posted by earth2marsh View Post
I've also had this bug happen, unpredictably unfortunately, for several builds including B11. If I figure out how to reproduce it, I'll post my steps, but I have no theories so far—just wanted to confirm that the original poster is not the only one suffering.
This is a bug that's been plaguing me also for several versions but I have never got around to reporting it. I use Canola predominantly for podcasts and find it very good on the whole. The auto-bookmarking has been annoying however. Once a podcast is paused, and then re-paused later on, upon resuming it returns to the first pause-point. I then have to seek to the point where I left off (not good in the car!) Seems to happen for pretty much every podcast I listen to.

Also have observed a problem where if the internet connection is dropped or I go offline the file playing stops and I receive "connection to media stream lost, try again?" as if I was streaming the file from the network.

Originally Posted by grayum View Post
This is a bug that's been plaguing me also for several versions but I have never got around to reporting it. I use Canola predominantly for podcasts and find it very good on the whole. The auto-bookmarking has been annoying however. Once a podcast is paused, and then re-paused later on, upon resuming it returns to the first pause-point.
This is my biggest complaint with Canola; I am constantly trying to remember where I stopped listening to a podcast because the next time I try to play it, Canola starts playing from the first time I paused it. It works great if you always finish a podcast in 2 listening sessions or less, and these sessions are never interrupted. It's murder if you need 3 or sessions to listen, or you get interrupted by a cowirker or meeting, or children, etc.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Question for the Guys at INDT - My 2 videocast feeds from my Mythtv box do not seem to work correctly in either the podcast, or the videocast parts of Canola. I can enter the feeds, and the name is verified etc. If I refresh the feeds, they just come back as empty though. An example is here

Other feeds work great though.
I've been getting the same with some youtube feeds.
I've reported this as a bug for the developers to look at.

Last edited by codeMonkey; 2009-02-28 at 10:45. Reason: added link to bug

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Mexico
I think I have found a Bug, Canola can't see some of the directories with music but other are fine, all of them inside the same directory on the removable card on my N800, and moving the files to the internal SD card it's still the same, the files are played without trouble in the standard media player. Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: I think I may have found the trouble, the files are .m4a aac, I don't think this format it's supported by Canola, isn't?

Last edited by rafaelsemx; 2009-03-05 at 22:11.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Manaus
Originally Posted by virion View Post
I don't know if it was responded to earlier, I didn't see anything about it. Is the theme maker site a placeholder? It lets me upload something, but the result page is broken. I'm not sure if it's just a missing file, since the back button graphic is just misnamed.
Hi Virion
Yes it should display a preview of the theme and if you like it you can create the .deb package. Another user reported a similar problem (which is related to Internet Explore, sigh) and I have corrected this on the site. If you can try again and let me know how you get on I would appreciate it

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Will there be any possibility in the final version you guys can make the photo viewer show the pics in alphabetical/numerical order? In some of my folders the pics are numbered 1 through whatever for a specific reason (such as chronological ordered pics of my kids) and really need them showed this way.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Is it possible to remove specific tracks from the library? (or specify exactly which folder on the MMC that I have my media stored?)

TIA

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

1、The headset remote has been added in the new vertion Mediabox 0.964 ,
Headset button gestures (1x: PLAY/PAUSE, 2x: NEXT, 3x: PREVIOUS) ,Why not add this function to Canola?
2、I want to use the .jpg picture as the cover with the same name with the song,but it is no use . I don't like modify the ID information of the songs.