I tried to flash the new OS2008 50-2 version to my N810. It failed at about 110 Meg of 134 sent. Now the tablet does not get past the Nokia splash screen on boot and will not turn off without removing the battery. Wireless does not work so ssh fails.
Re-flash hangs at the 'Suitable USB device not found, waiting' message.

Help! Anyone?...Urgent (of course!)
Geoff

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
are you using windows to flash it?

No, flasher-3.0 on fedora (6). I upgraded from 42-18 to 42-19 about a week ago and that went well. I think I might have jiggled the USB connection at the time of the failure.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I've had better luck with Windows flashing, so I would try it from Windows. Hopefully, someone will have another suggestion, otherwise it sounds like back to Nokia.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Maryland
Hey I'm having a similar problem except that I am able to update the nokia n810 tablet, but when I go to restart it just hangs on the load screen (the one where the blue bar goes across the bottom) at the very end. This is frustrating! I'm new to Linux in general, I updated the nokia from my winxp laptop. This is the second time i've update it, maybe my backup I made is faulty? Hmm . . . .

I also just had this problem. For me, I was able to "fix" it by removing the miniSD card from my N810. I took out the battery one last time and let it reboot, and then was able to re-insert the miniSD card again without problems. I then deleted the ugly apps.

-ITIL_Prince

SOLVED:
In the end, I used a Windows box to flash my N810. (Having no luck with the linux box.) It still wanted to refuse the update, hanging at the 'No suitable USB device found, waiting' stage. I then recycled the power and held down the 'swap' key (lower section of the key on the left side of the screen). Note that the instructions (for the N800) said to hold down the 'home' key...which the N810 does not have.
The flash operation itself took quite a while...it seemed to hang, showing '4:02 remaining' for about 30 seconds, then continued to completion.
So, the recipe is to recycle the power on the N810, with the cable connected, etc. holding down the 'swap' key while powering on, if the computer you are flashing from does not recognize the unit on the USB cable. And give it time to complete.
HTH

The Following User Says Thank You to newbury For This Useful Post:
I just tried the Windows way - the 810 link for the image was defunct (with FireFox) so I decided to throw caution to the wind and try IE - no luck there either. Going down to the home NOKIA page, it said IE version 9 was desirable, which I don't have at the moment. I'll try that when I get an extra moment.
Nice CAPTCHA - I had to tweak my old crappy monitor every which way and use a magnifier glass to guess on many of the pixels.
Regards,
Grumpy old guy.