Notices

Hey guys, thought some of you may want to see this

Onlive, the online video game streaming have released their APP for the android market.

***This service is only available for the US and UK markets***

You can install the Android APP from Here

Whilst they do not have many games still, they do give you 30mins of trail playtime on each game and the free lego batman to new users I know I said that already haha.

So I have been trying a few of these and found them rather playable even if a little buggy

I have not had a chance to play with the control schemes in between the 30mins of trail play time each and holding the ipod to shoot vids but some games seem easier than others. Lego Batman is very playable IMO and have not run into any issues other than the sound yet.

The sound is choppy but I have not set any CPUtweeks or have chainfire as my NITDroid SD is borked ATM. Hopefully with some testing things will be better

Here are some vids,

Lego BatMan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLn-n...el_video_title

Saints Row the 3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwtcU...el_video_title

Batman Arkham City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR4KuacwxG8

Again, sorry for the poor quality of the vids as I only had the ipod to hand, they do look much better on the N900 itself.

Try it out if just for the freebies. Happy gaming!

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2011-12-13 at 18:44. Reason: Edit: added linuxeventually comment in to 1st post. Please see post #4

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Can't install de app it says not available in our country

Originally Posted by blitzlee06 View Post
Can't install de app it says not available in our country
Oh, they may have a regional rolll out I would guess then?

l am in the UK, where are you?

i guess so.. im from philippines..

OnLive is only supported in the US and recently the UK currently.

No other countries at this time (they need their servers to be nearby, this only works with low latency).

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by linuxeventually View Post
OnLive is only supported in the US and recently the UK currently.

No other countries at this time (they need their servers to be nearby, this only works with low latency).
Thanks for that mate, I have added a note into the first post to save confusion for others.

It's a shame a large majority of the world probably won't see these sorts of things for a long time. Hell we can't even get MMORPG's servers or VOD services in Australia. It's definitely a cool project they've got and I'm glad its ended up somewhat polished.

My issue, and confusion, with an Android based application is that these things will always need significant bandwidth, low latency and stability. None of which are offered over 3G/4G services, and are hardly even fantastic over local Wifi.

Nonetheless the offsite services we saw in the 80's (i.e. terminals) are definitely seeing a revival with things like this and Splashtop (excellent, excellent remote desktop application for realtime viewing).

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Can someone with NITDroid and setcpu+chainfire please try this and let us know if the how OnLive performs?

Thanks

Have found a better camera... Kinda

Here is Darksiders
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sJTSfpSQ1k

This game has the added onscreen controls and plays very well. I made it through the whole 30min trial without wishing for multi-touch

Has anyone else been trying onlive?

signed up last night- where does it tell you about a free game?did i miss the offer?

Tags
onlive, onlive n900, real games?