Hi,

I recently sent my only mouse to logitech for warranty and i was thinking before i go out to get a substitute mouse i would like to see if i can use the touchscreen on the N900 as a mouse? This idea came rushing in my head when i sent it out this week, and i like the idea of being able to move the pointer on my monitor smoothly quickly, and freely as I move my finger around the screen area of the N900. I am already restless with the keyboard mouse controls that is extremely robotic. If anybody can point out a program for this or some way to make it happen, if its going to work well, i would greatly appreciate it.

If not i think i should be able to use my playstation controller for this, but i dont know how that would turn out.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluemaemo
BT mouse/keyboard.

As fas as the sixaxis goes, it's a bit screwy. MotionJoy on Windows sorta works. and sixad+sixpair on Linux is unreliable.

The Following User Says Thank You to linuxeventually For This Useful Post:
using faster application manager to try and install it and i get this error:

"Your system had broken packages or you are trying to install conflicting packages."

Viewlog keeps saying it has "unmet dependencies:

bluemaemo: Depends: python2.5-efl-core
python2.5-ecore
python2.5-evas
python2.5-edje
python2.5-elementary"

I got the latest PR for the device i dont have any other bluetooth apps on it besides the default functionality. Did have to go into devel to get bluemaemo though. How do i get it to install?

Last edited by N900MAN; 2011-09-11 at 09:05.

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
install blue maemo .use N900 as mouse/keyboard/remote and bla blah ..
and before doing so ..install the missing dependency with the help of this post !http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=12

You could also try PresenceVNC, you will need a VNC server on you PC.

If you don't know what VNC is it is a remote screen viewing/accessing program, it will give you a view/control of your PC from your phone.

thanks for that post because of it I have had it up and running and WOW im really impressed as far as mouse movement, exactly what i was expecting, beats the keyboard mouse by miles! I just wish the hardware keyboard would also transmit via bluetooth and also the track surface serves as a double for LMB clicks but its too sensitive and hopefully there is a way to turn it off so it doesn't interfere.

Still i think this is adequate enough till I get my replacement mouse!

Linking my n900 to the bluetooth on my desktop (its actually the built in dongle on my P8P67 motherboard) was working great for two days and suddenly today I cannot connect to the desktop using bluemaemo anymore. I tried restarting pc, restarting n900 and nothing. They can be paired together outside of bluemaemo or from within but when i try to reconnect through bluemaemo it almost always fails to connect and when it does it is a false connection because as i try to utilitze mouse functionality it immediately disconnects. I don't understand this. My windows 7 PC detects N900 it even has its operation window. However for bluemaemo like commands it is unreachable as it does not connect.

Can anyone help on this?

thanks in advance

Well further troubleshooting led me to realize that other bluetooth devices such as my headset that is part of the device family in windows may have caused conflict after removing the device off windows it started to work like normal. Strange because i have not used it since utilizing bluemaemo.