Originally Posted by Renée J. James
We agreed that [MeeGo] would be… open to all architectures. And we will see this happen this year. You're going to see a major focus at MWC to be as bold this year as we were last year... particularly in some areas such as the device area.
You'll see ARM-based MeeGo devices this year
We're going to see you all at MWC though right? We have lots to talk about.

Renée J. James is Senior Vice President from Intel.

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...#ixzz1BnK2HXnE

Quite interesting. I wonder will Nokia be joining with them as Nokia spokesman had said just couple of days ago that they will have some extra activities in Barcelona even if they don't have booth in MWC. Maybe own event with Intel? Not likely but just to throw it out there.

Nokia or not it's great to here that we will be seeing MeeGo devices in Barcelona/MWC! Something i thought would not happen just couple of days ago.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-01-22 at 23:01.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
I personally find it a good sign the quotes about ARM, meaning they (Intel) do take MeeGo seriously and why cross platform matters in the big picture. Over time, the collaboration between Intel side and ARM side in MeeGo has really grown a lot.

It's fun to see Intel people shout at their own for something not building on ARM, as it's part of their job to keep the distro sane
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Quite possibly off-topic, or is it?

"For a while we will not be pushing changes to the MeeGo style branch of Qt components, as we are busy finalizing it and are unable to make certain pieces of the final user experience public. Bear with us for a while, the code will be released upstream as soon as we can."

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/01/31/well-be-right-back/

Here s abrief glimpse of a Medfield based smartphone from Intel ... wonder who that is by ?
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/31/i...d-smartphone/#

shoulda linked back to this site, notice the source on the link you posted.

It could be Aava's medfield show off phone/proto, just like with the moorestown.
Somehow can't think of Intel exec holding Nokia phone, medfield of course would make this a bit different, but still