Active Topics

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
The article is schizophrenic. ON one hand he loves a lot of things, but doesnt seem to like the UI. Calls it childish but doesnt specify why? Not sure what his point is
I think his point is that we should buy an iPhone.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
This made me wonder, has Nokia used at all any of the MeeGo little icons for anything in the phone...?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Anyone seen this review from gearburn?

Their major negative point about the N9 is its OS. Apparently it's crappy and looks like Symbian. I've not heard of Gearburn and now i can see why.
Weird review. But it's not going to be all a rosy picture for the Nokia N9. The N900 was a more open, more "free" phone.

The N9 is proving to be more locked down than my Android phones. That's not entirely a cool thing.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Not that Ive seen. Just in this battery app I got off of ovi store.

BTW I think I had Facebookchat online throughout that day of use, but thats all. MAYBE pushemails, but not sure.

I realize when watching these photos that it doesnt really show anything.

Maybe with more detailed screens or more details about use in general? Just let me know what would be relevant information and Ill try to get some testing on the battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
The 'review' mentions a YouTube application. Can anyone with an N9 confirm this? If so, is it simply a bookmark for the mobile YouTube website?

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Its simply a bookmark for mobile youtube on my N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Weird review. But it's not going to be all a rosy picture for the Nokia N9. The N900 was a more open, more "free" phone.

The N9 is proving to be more locked down than my Android phones. That's not entirely a cool thing.
A major blunder from Nokia in my view. The N9 is likely to be compared unfavourably to the iPhone and the high-end Andriod devices, whilst not entirely satisfying those that would like to upgrade from a Maemo device.

My website

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Its simply a bookmark for mobile youtube on my N9.
strange, mine doesn't have this. I don't remember removing it. Is yours a operator branded device?

also, i did remove AP news, is there a way to get it back? (i want to check it out now, guess i removed it too soon)

Still a fairly nice phone for basic use, even if I obviously wanted an N900-like experience.

And Im hoping there will be ways around aegis and so forth to make this device close-to-awesomeness eventually.

We'll see.

Randomdood: yeah, Telenor branded. I thought it had nothing to do with telenor because why the hell would telenor slap a m.youtube.com bookmark on there? Then again, why the hell not .

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by afaq View Post
Anyone seen this review from gearburn?

Their major negative point about the N9 is its OS. Apparently it's crappy and looks like Symbian. I've not heard of Gearburn and now i can see why.
That is one opinion. I've some difficulty seeing the os as being childish. It's correct that you can't create folders, but otherwise than that i think the os functions great and in style and design it's far superior to andriod and ios. If there is a childish looking os it's either ios or htc sense...(imo ofc)

The Following User Says Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????