Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
this is totally not a release for "common users", it's an "early access" release, so if someone checks this box in his account, he could at least read the release notes, where clearly is stated:
Yes, I do know it's not for "common users" but I doubt there will be much done to the indicator of the installation progress (here's hoping). Part of my point was somewhere along the line that if early access users are not willing to wait patiently there's slim chance of that happening with the "common users" later on.

And I did check the installation notes prior to installing. Like you quoted, they clearly mention that the lengthy optimization happens before the installation process, not in the end of it when I decided to pull the battery. Otherwise, I just might have stretched my patience to the third hour.

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
i don't want tu argue,
I never thought you did. I did quote you, yes, but it was not to pick a fight. It's good that the update fixed things for you

The Following User Says Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
because it's 1.1.7.24, not 1.17.24
Originally Posted by Original_poster
Early access release
My bad. Said nothing.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I'm also on Björnträsket now. Well after 3,5 hours of patiently waiting .

Everything works fine so far. I hoped that after the update i'd be able to connect my Canon DSLR with the phone and also my Panasonic Actioncam. But unfortunatly: No .

So one of the Highlight improvements haven't improved much for me:
Android: Better WLAN connection handling for Android apps

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Same here!
tracker is updated in this release could be that thumbnail index is rebuilt?

https://together.jolla.com/question/...t=votes&page=1

Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Installed this on my second (unused) device, as people seemed to be having a lot of issues. Glad I tried it on that ... it's not really usable for me. Phone is practically clean, just installed Opera & FF Android apps and Web Pirate after finishing the update, to test. All apps randomly close all the time (taking all other apps except Phone with them). It's behaving like the OOM killer is being triggered ridiculously quickly, either as soon as a browser loads (native / WP / FF / Op) or shortly after 3 or 4 core Sailfish apps are opened (SMS / Phone / Contacts / Settings), but maybe it's random crashing. I'm also frequently losing all touch input; I have to press power button to lock screen, then unlock again to get it back.

Really don't recommend taking the dive on this.
If you have checked the box you get this update. And guess what? It's your job to report bugs since it's early access release.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
And where in the changelog do they say:

Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I'm also on Björnträsket now.

Canon DSLR with the phone and also my Panasonic Actioncam. But unfortunatly: No .

...Is a new feature they have added

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Well I haven't read the detailed changelog. But if you look at https://blog.jolla.com/early-access-...-bjorntrasket/
there is stated under the Headline HIGHLIGHT IMPROVEMENTS:
Android: Better WLAN connection handling for Android apps

so I hoped that there has something changed. To be honest. In the changelog i can't find anything which justifies that statement.

[/URL]
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
And where in the changelog do they say:

...Is a new feature they have added

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
I pulled the battery and I have no issues.
Anyone can claim they have the patience of an ox to wait for 2 hrs or more for a bar to move that final 1% but it's still a bit of a stretch.
With today's attention spans of 1s to wait for a webpage to respond it's madness to think at least the common user would just sit put plain and nicely.
You're lucky that you have no issues, but you also have no complete 1.1.7.24 if you pull the battery while it's installing.

This is a very big update (all recompiled with the new toolchain) and installing it will take some time.
The progress bar shows the progress of installed packages, 100% meaning all packages installed. Due to different sizes of packages and different post-install operations, some packages take longer to install than others.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
How is the percentage measured? ( e.g. number of packages, number of 'tasks' to be executed, etc.)

EDIT: my device completed the upgrade (from 1.1.6.27) in 20 minutes

Last edited by minimos; 2015-07-16 at 16:33.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
"Having the option to run Android applications on background enables receiving notifications for Android messaging apps even when the app is closed."

I only have two android apps, Aptiode Store and Whatsapp. While the new update lets me choose whether to allow the application background services to start on boot up on Apitode Store, the Whatsapp, app is greyed out and no such options are available. If this is how this update was supposed to be functioning, then its not got much of use as far as I am concerned. If there ever was a native OFFICIAL Whatsapp client, the one that wont be banned by Whatsapp and a native Facebook app (Friends app has stopped working, anyways it cudnt play videos!), then I dont think I would ever have any use for android support.