Active Topics

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Dear lord, I just spent another stupid day looking for a way to get Java installed through Garnet despite what I've been already told here.

Someone needs to seriously smack me upside my head because I'm refusing to give up.

My brain must be leaking to keep on pursuing this.

Javispedro, first of all thanks for the amazing post!

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
You can get GVM for x86 from the ACCESS website.
Do you mind telling me where? I've just trawled through their entire website to no avail... and having a x86 GVM to run in my linux laptop would be *incredibly* useful.

Thanks in advance,
--
Durval

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Downloads Home » ACCESS Linux Platform Development Tools » Garnet VM Compatibility Kit

I found it there

Note that the Win32 "version" is Janeiro instead.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I've some doubts about:
-SDCARD support:
I've a slot1 working BUT from some GVM apps i can explore the SD structure (folders) but I can't see files.
is a problem with filesystem?
Using Filez I can see the files inside the folders, but i would like to open media files with ptunes or other apps.
Must i copy the media files with filez to other folder?

-NETWORK support:
is possible to access to internet with GVM?

About a previous question about internet browser..
What about "netfront"?
I know Access company (GVM owner) still developing this browser for some platforms,
do you know if new versions which can run over Garnet vm?

Last edited by daperezg; 2010-01-07 at 09:01.

anyone can use ptunes and see the mp3 files?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Guys,
I'm trying to open a large iSilo file (150MB), but it will never take it with the 64mb heap limit.
So far, I have to "install" the .pdb for iSilo to find it within the heap space. So when I try the large file, it gives an error.
Is the virtual SD an option for this? Would you mind giving me a little help to set it up?
Thanks in advance!!!

EDIT: I got the answer from joelteixeira http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=17
It works perfectly! Thanks

Last edited by cjsegninir; 2010-10-31 at 01:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjsegninir For This Useful Post:
I need the help odf any GVM poweruser because.....

I could install and use ptlyrics +ptunes for once time (first time after installation)

After that first time ptunes fails always when play a mp3 and show the error "Couldn't play song. It may be using an unsupported sampling rate..."
but the mp3 files are correct and ptunes could play in the past.

I uninstalled both apps and reinstalled ptunes again and the problem stills.

The point is ptlyrics uses ptunes on background to play music while ptlyrics shows the lyrics on .lrc files.

In a Palm device I never had any problem, but anything changes in the GVM after using ptlyrics the first time.

If any can try in a fresh GVM, I am sure will have the same experience ....

ptunes 4.07 or 4.05
ptlyrics 1.2.0

Is it possible to see the Palm apps in landscape fullscreen mode in such a way that you don't see the graffiti area? In that way the keyboard is still usable while the Palm OS screen is bigger, touching the N900 upper en lower side.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Is it possible to see the Palm apps in landscape fullscreen mode in such a way that you don't see the graffiti area? In that way the keyboard is still usable while the Palm OS screen is bigger, touching the N900 upper en lower side.
I've messed around with this like crazy.

I did find a command line to fire it up without the graffiti area but for some weird bug it wouldn't let me do this in full screen mode.

So short answer, no.

great i was looking for this almost for a year obviously I wasnt looking where i have to
thank you vary much for the card slot going to try isilo

Tags
garnet, palm