Active Topics

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
I guess but I don't know. What happens if you try to download it normally from Google Play Store and buy it?

Regards,

J4ZZ

N900 ~ $ make me a sandwich
-bash: no, make it yourself
N900 ~ $ sudo make me a sandwich
-bash: ok then...

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
I guess but I don't know. What happens if you try to download it normally from Google Play Store and buy it?

Regards,

J4ZZ
I dont have Google play store yet, not keen to test it because 1mobilemarlet is enough for me. I get the point tough, link removed.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Watching videos on Jolla's IPS screen is a real joy and although scaled to 960x540 resolution, HD videos still offer superior quality thanks to advanced encoding and higher bitrates. I've mostly played files from the SD card, because for example, the official YouTube app only supported HD over WLAN.

Now I've tried some other apps and I find Viral to be the best. It supports HD over 3G/4G, and continues to play in cover mode and with display off. It also has optional web login that works without Google Play services. In the app you'll see a three-dot icon in the top-right corner, from there you can access the settings, like default resolution (I set it to 720p). YouTube HD mod also works well but it doesn't find videos that aren't available on mobile.

On the browser front, Chromium-based Opera is able to play videos on both YouTube and Vimeo mobile sites, with playback controls ("HQ" = 360p/480p).

Audio is now in sync in all of these apps, great Maadajävri fix by sailors. If sound volume in Android is too low, you can boost it with Volume+ or some similar app.

is the whatsapp contacts problem working for everyone? i have updated to the latest release of Sailfish. but when i click whatsapp to sync contacts it still shows an empty contact list. plus a number of contacts related actions (like create new contact or add to existing contact) will fail with unsupported error message.

i just want to start messaging friends on my contact list and i can't do it now.

why not using mitakuuluu? It works very well in JOLLA.

regards

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I want to share a little experience with WAZE today..
I have navigated today twice, both ways is 1h 10 min..
Both navigation's without any problem with GPS positioning. No lost signals or something else...
First way i have started with 67% of battery and finished it with 16% (without charging during navigation) and back cover was hot
The second way I have started with 6%, connected to charger and finished with 5%, obviously the back cover also was hot

Advantage:
work good and stable. No lost signal because of charger (problem of N9), show speed cams, police etc..

Disadvantage:
* Can't use my native language for searching because of Jolla still not support RTL languages (hebrew, arabic..)
* Eat too much battery
* Show not correct ETA on the bottom bar (2 hours back), but if you press on it, you can see in the popup window the correct ETA.
* Loudspeaker volume is too low (not tested yet Volume+ that suggested by hana two posts above).
* Tried to install Talk & Drive (for voice commands) but app said "Voice recognition is not installed on your device..

Last edited by Schturman; 2014-01-21 at 22:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Waze works really good for me too. The volume is not a concern if you use volime+ or similar. I agree on the high battery usage and that Jolla gets very warm though.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Also noticed that after sometime usage of android app, phone not work correctly, for example video player stop to rotate to landscape (reboot fix it).

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
... Disadvantage:
* Can't use my native language for searching because of Jolla still not support RTL languages (hebrew, arabic..) ...
Thanks to MSameer, I managed to get Arabic working fully on my Jolla Phone. You might want to check this question over at TJC and this thread at TMO.

Is it possible to "root" alien-dalvik? I would like to use Adblock etc, which isn't possible on non-rooted Android device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JjyKs For This Useful Post:

Tags
aindroid, essential apps