Active Topics

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by maxximum View Post
So you think I'm stupid for whining about a product that I have paid for
You haven't.

but not gotten when promissed ?
I've never seen a *promise* from Nokia, just an estimated shipping date *once* and early.

While you , on the other hand, are smart ,clever and intelligent for complaining of my whining, in a thread where you have no business being in the first place , if not because you too are displeased by the same wait ?
Whining will not make it ship earlier.
OTOH, whining will frustrate Nokia people who in the future will refrain from giving us inside news, will become pissed and will push for beeing less open in the future.

I know this happens, because I was in the same position Nokia is, few years ago. (Trying to be open and transparent to the community of users of my service, and getting pissed off due to whiners)

Last edited by vihai; 2009-11-17 at 11:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to vihai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
And somewhere I saw that week 48 would be actually the REAL time the phones would start shipping. So right on time.
It's on Nokia Finland's web shop, and has been for some time.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by andygt View Post
maybe you should direct your whining to the supplier of your phone?
the web chat is up now BTW...
Been there , done that ..

But I do understand the problem of the whole thing, there is just so much anyone can do about a ship in the middle of the ocean or a plane or I don't know. Basically it's nobody's fault. So harrassing phone support serves no purpose. Been in the other end of those phonecalls, and thats no fun.

This thread serves as a vent if you will.. Get the steam out , among likeminded. What beats me is why people are reading this thread if its just anoying and irritating.. There are plenty of other threads that does not concern n900 delays..

sorry for the engrish.. not my native language ..

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximum For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
Thing I don't get about the delay??

Nokia have announced that they are shipping - so where is the delay happening?
Not sure what to believe now...
Just a guess: Nokia's own outsourced web shop cannot for some reason to ship those pre-orders before the end of this week or the start of next week so Nokia has denied distributors to deliver N900s to other retailers and web shop before those pre-orders have been shipped.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by vihai View Post
You haven't.

This , you know nothing about , and yes , I have ...

Originally Posted by vihai View Post
OTOH, whining will frustrate Nokia people who in the future will refrain from giving us inside news, will become pissed and will push for beeing less open in the future.
Or maybe Nokia should learn how to systematically communicate information to its customers instead of relying on the "tolerance" of particular individuals to engage the community.

I find it weird that so many people here see information from Nokia about the product as being a privilege rather than their right as a consumer. You are the one paying for their products and if you want more information you should demand more information, not roll over and say thank you for whatever scraps you're thrown.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sharper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
hey I understand, for the older members of this forum these threads must seem incredibly trivial and annoying. But please bear with us...the reason we're speculating so much is that we can't really contribute anything to the forum until we actually have a damn device in our hands.

Trust me, I want to be an active member of the Maemo community, I want to contribute to all the other threads, I want to report bugs, make suggestions, contribute tips/tricks, recommend applications etc Once I have the device I will most definitely do that, but that's just not possible right now. Once people start getting the N900 in their hands I am sure this hysteria will die down and these forums will have a much better noise to signal ratio.
Isn't it signal to noise ratio?

Originally Posted by sharper View Post
I find it weird that so many people here see information from Nokia about the product as being a privilege rather than their right as a consumer. You are the one paying for their products and if you want more information you should demand more information, not roll over and say thank you for whatever scraps you're thrown.
It's all about balance.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by maxximum View Post
Been there , done that ..

But I do understand the problem of the whole thing, there is just so much anyone can do about a ship in the middle of the ocean or a plane or I don't know. Basically it's nobody's fault. So harrassing phone support serves no purpose. Been in the other end of those phonecalls, and thats no fun.

This thread serves as a vent if you will.. Get the steam out , among likeminded. What beats me is why people are reading this thread if its just anoying and irritating.. There are plenty of other threads that does not concern n900 delays..

sorry for the engrish.. not my native language ..
Well said

Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
Nice one, Now let me tell you about my frustration.

When the Nokia N900 was announced, I figured it was just what i wanted. hence i pre-ordered it from Amazon sometimes around September. ( I Don't live in the US and i had to get a close friend to pre-order on my behalf so i sent money to re-emboss him ) later when Newegg came with a lower price i informed my friend to cancel with amazon and order with newegg instead. later the shipment was pushed back to November. fair enough i can still get my product before xmas. has it stands now. all major retailers are now saying early December, or even January. Sure am not saying Nokia is responsible for this. but for Christ sake I pre-ordered the N900 even before the Droid, and HTC HD2 was announced and those devices are already out. yet i still don't know when i will get my N900. as it stands the most realistic date is January. 5 month after i pre-ordered the device*** am starting to think .. is it really worth it this pre-order business because all it does it just get you hyped up for nothing.. I could has well just use something now and wait for the device to really be out. then i can purchase it. And yeah i stand by my point that the who N900 release/shipment, pre-order business is a fiasco .. from a consumer's point of view. Who is responsible for this fiasco is a moot point. No body should have to pre-order a $500+ device and have to wait for 5 month before it is delivered.
So basically, you and a lot of the people on this thread listened to the retailers dates and totally ignored Nokia. Nokia said Q3, then delay, then shipping on 10th. I just dont see the big deal. Why oh why you listen and believe the retailers (they WANT your order so will very readily make up dates to get your cash) I have no idea.

People need to use their brains a bit in this thread.