Hello everyone. Could someone port 'burp' to OS 2006? I think it should just be a recompile. I tried downloading the Zaurus binary but of course it didn't work. However, the source is there (and it's not a GUI program) so I imagine it would be a piece of cake to compile:

http://www.geodyssey.com/cryptography/cryptography.html

This kind of app would be very useful in encrypting any kind of personal data.

Thanks very much!

Since there was such overwhelming demand to help out (NOT), I decided to simplify things and just do it myself.

This will be hosted on maemo garage once my project application has been approved.
In the meantime, I will attach the executable here. In the future I plan to add some kind of GUI around it, much like 'Crypto' for the Psion 5MX.

You will have to unzip the file, there you will find burp_maemo.tar.gz. Unpack it on your 770 and place the executable in your path. Sorry, no deb yet.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip burp_maemo.zip (51.9 KB, 196 views)

Originally Posted by pdafan
Since there was such overwhelming demand to help out (NOT), I decided to simplify things and just do it myself.
Actually, I did compile it for the 770 (to see how one compiles for arm with scratchbox), just mine hasn't arrived yet so I wasn't able to test it on a real 770. I would have uploaded it next week but I guess you were faster :-)

Originally Posted by danny
Actually, I did compile it for the 770 (to see how one compiles for arm with scratchbox), just mine hasn't arrived yet so I wasn't able to test it on a real 770. I would have uploaded it next week but I guess you were faster :-)
Thanks for the effort!

I have now hosted burp in maemo garage. I hope someone finds this useful. If I ever have the time, I will work on adding some kind of GUI to this to make it easier to use (right now it is command line only.)

Garage page:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/burp/