Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Abbots Langley, UK
Cheers Brent
I think I was trying the zoom by 2 option only along with other options but these combinations just defaults it back down to normal size.
It can still work with the full description option but it is case sensitive so --zoomfactor does not work whereas --zoomFactor does.
Now going to setup the hotsync shortcut and once that works I shall install Diablo and start all over again.
Many Thanks

Well I have sucessfully got commands in the Statusbar Graph Control to directly launch Palm apps. This is great.

However, like others, I have not been able to start an application without the graphiti area in view.

I have tried the following unsucsessfully:
-f
-f y
-f yes
-f n
-f no
--fullscreen=yes
--fullscreen=no
--fullscreen=true

I also tried varying the position before and after the -z 1.5

I know it's easy to hit the arrow and the graphiti area will dissappear but it would be great to have control over this. Anyone have any solutions in the command line?

I have discovered how to set the background to black (the remaining screen area not used by the Palm app)

add the setting:
-L 0x0000,0x0000,0x0000

(That's uppercase L and lowecase x's)

So a full command with black background would be:

/usr/bin/gvm/gvm -a [app name] -z 1.5 -L 0x0000,0x0000,0x0000

As mentioned before in this thread the app name can be found from FileZ, View and Edit files, Internal, Select the app (to get a check by it), Details, Creator.

Hope this helps someone.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dfinch For This Useful Post:
I haven't found a way to start with the writing area off either, unfortunately.

BTW I updated my first post with the -z option, which seems to be the only additional command line option added in the second beta.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
I wonder why Access include apparently unsupported functions. You would think that they would simply add to the list as new versions of GVM are rolled out. Why spend time defining things that aren't even developed yet? Perhaps we are missing something and they do/will work under the right conditions?

One reason this might be the case is that I was playing around with screen resolutions, trying to 'stretch' to the NIT's 800 wide and it would give me an error message in xTerm BUT using other apparently non-functioning but listed functions give no error message.

What-da-ya-think?

I, personally, think that Access has defined a whole ton of features (i.e. command line modifiers) that will at some point actually be present, just aren't yet. I think that is why some thinngs just don't work [yet].

Another thing I wish the GVM supported is started apps in landscape mode -- now I know there are a lot of Palm apps that don't support landscape, but for the ones that do, it would save rotating the device in your hand every time you use the GVM...

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
I, personally, think that Access has defined a whole ton of features (i.e. command line modifiers) that will at some point actually be present, just aren't yet. I think that is why some thinngs just don't work [yet]
So how come they don't give an error? Perhaps they have written just enough so that if they are used they don't do anything or give an error. Bait I say!

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Another thing I wish the GVM supported is started apps in landscape mode -- now I know there are a lot of Palm apps that don't support landscape, but for the ones that do, it would save rotating the device in your hand every time you use the GVM...
I heartily agree. For me the issue is that I use a reference program and want to use the inbuilt stand. Instead I have to prop the end of the tablet up on something and it invariably slides off while using the stulus.

I only ever used a Palm TX which has rotate but I understand the GVM is based on an older O/S - perhaps one which did not support rotate?

Last edited by dfinch; 2008-07-25 at 22:59. Reason: format error

I have now more-or-less copied the first post (where I listed the gvm options) into the itt wiki. Quick-and-dirty as I'm not really familiar with the particular wiki used by itt.

See http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...S_.28Garnet.29, follow the link to "Running Palm OS applications via command line shortcut".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
TA-t3 ,

Thank you for this thread. I had seen it and only recently added some start button icons for my palm GVM applications.*This* is the best enhancement since the GVM itself (with portrait mode) to make the Palm to ITT transition more or less seamless.

Regards,
Frank

You're welcome. It's one of the very few threads I've started myself, which I did because it looked like it could be useful for others and not just myself..
I agree that being able to start the GVM apps directly makes for a more integrated (and faster!) experience. Now we just need a slightly enhanced GVM (which can see the SD card and maybe use BT too), and we're all set! (well, and if it could also run AvantGo..)

Tags
garnet, palm