So nice job

The geminipda kernel support it

Do you provide rpm somewhere to test on this device ?

Thanks

Forget

pkcon search lxc is my friend

So test in progress

But missing
harbour-containers

Last edited by kaulian; 2020-07-30 at 13:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaulian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by illyria View Post
hello guys,
i'm the app's developer, and a long time TMO lurker.
I'm a bit surprised to see a topic here so early

First of all, i'd like to point out that this project is heavily inspired on previous works done by preflex on "XWayland Victory!" and elros34 "sailfish_linux_chroot".
Hello, I have created this topic (am sorry if this was too early) because thought this could be a good place to ask/answer questions and share thoughts about the app. (I love it! )
I would like to get this work on all of my current (3) and planned future (3) ports.

I have tried the mentioned works (preflex on "XWayland Victory!" and elros34 "sailfish_linux_chroot") but, for me at least, none of them was so simple and safe like your one. I have messed up my well configured SFOS installations so many times (probably because of my stupidity ) that finally, I stopped experimenting with them.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kaulian View Post
So nice job

The geminipda kernel support it

Do you provide rpm somewhere to test on this device ?

Thanks

Forget

pkcon search lxc is my friend

So test in progress

But missing
harbour-containers
Check the links I provided in the first post. Or you can find it here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Oups sorry ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaulian For This Useful Post:
Oups sorry ...

No worries. I have updated the first post with direct links to the downloads. You also need to check the requirements because there are some in the kernel and you need to install the lxc and lxc-templates packages.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
First launch is OK but no network.

Someone have a default configuration for network ?

I just discover the GUI...

I was with you issue of security code no present
Ok i found the script to setup desktop in the lxc after create by the GUI.

For me the GUI failed, to launch this script

Last edited by kaulian; 2020-07-30 at 14:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to kaulian For This Useful Post:
Ok i found the script to setup desktop in the lxc after create by the GUI.

For me the GUI failed, to launch this script
On my Note 4 (treltexx) port, for an unknown reason, the GUI doesn't work. Therefore I do the following in command line:
  1. sudo lxc-create -t sfos-download -n <container-name>
  2. sudo lxc-start -n <container-name>
  3. Manually change the the /usr/share/sailfish-containers/guest to /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest in the /var/lib/lxc/< container name >/config
  4. sudo lxc-attach -n <container-name>
    then within the container:
    • /mnt/guest/setup_desktop.sh
    • /mnt/guest/setups/debian.sh
  5. Start 2! command lines and in one of them issue this as nemo:
    /usr/bin/qxdisplay --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0"
  6. In the other command-line attach the container, then:
    /mnt/guest/start_desktop 0
  7. Done.

I have created a script that runs the `/usr/bin/qxdisplay --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0" &` and then enters to the container (sudo lxc-attach -n Debian) then I can just enter the comman `/mnt/guest/start_desktop 0` in there. This way you do not need 2 command line session.

Last edited by edp17; 2020-07-30 at 15:06.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Hello, I have created this topic (am sorry if this was too early) because thought this could be a good place to ask/answer questions and share thoughts about the app. (I love it! )
I would like to get this work on all of my current (3) and planned future (3) ports.
No problem! This is without any doubt the best place to discuss about this project.
I'm happy to hear that

Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Manually change the the /usr/share/sailfish-containers/guest to /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest in the /var/lib/lxc/< container name >/config
This changed since i updated lxc-templates-desktop's rpm,
now "/usr/share/sailfish-containers" shouldn't exists anymore.

Without GUI you'll need to add the mountpoint manually on container's config as follows:
Code:
lxc.mount.entry = /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest mnt/guest none bind,create=dir,ro 0 0
To reply to your previous question, it is possible to mount host directories inside the container in the same way, for example i usually mount ~/Desktop on my containers with this:
Code:
lxc.mount.entry = /home/nemo/Desktop home/user/Desktop none bind 0 0
if the GUI doesn't work please open an issue on github so we can start debugging

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Great stuff!

I have debian sid running on my Proš. Impressive how good the desktop works with touch. I haven't expected that.

I have not found out yet, if there is a way to use the hardware keyboard. I have a qwertz one. Anyone an Idea if that is possible?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Qwerty works out of the box, that's for sure. You should be able to use a qwertz USB keyboard on a qwertz Proš too, but given the unusual qwertz xkb implementation on the Proš, I assume you would need to toggle between two different xkb layouts: one for builtin keyboard with the offset, one for external keyboard. Xfce4 as well as i3wm should have support for that.

Here's how to do it (I think). From SFOS terminal, copy the "pro1" xkb file to the container:

Code:
devel-su cp -r /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/fxtec_vndr /home/.lxc/<containername>/usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/fxtec_vndr
I use a modified version of "pro1", submitted in this PR on Github and merged today, so it will be in the next update. It should fix a few issues with the previous file, and adds an extra us-intl called "us2" with more dead keys (useful in chroot and LXC for those who like dead keys like me, or for Havoc terminal, but not other SFOS apps). The previous file just has "ru", "de" and "us" with fewer dead keys.

Then, in your i3 configuration file, add:

Code:
# Use layout for builtin keyboard as default
exec --no-startup-id setxkbmap -model fxtecpro1 -layout fxtec_vndr/pro1 -variant de

# Add keybindings to switch between layouts for builtin and usb keyboards
bindsym Ctrl+Space exec "setxkbmap -model fxtecpro1 -layout fxtec_vndr/pro1 -variant de"
bindsym Shift+Ctrl+Space exec "setxkbmap de"
If you use xfce4, a similar approach with both layouts could be used as well using the "keyboard" application GUI to add both the vanilla de and the pro1 de.

The idea would be to use the layout for the builtin keyboard by default when the Desktop Environment is started, and the normal qwertz layout for USB keyboards when pressing Shift+Ctrl+Space. Ctrl+Space would revert to the builtin keyboard layout again. If you want to test first, just try running the commands manually in the container and please report back.

For us-intl users, use just this if you want the variant with more dead keys in your i3 container and use Caps Lock as compose key:

Code:
exec --no-startup-id setxkbmap -model fxtecpro1 -layout fxtec_vndr/pro1 -variant us2 -option -rules evdev lv3:ralt_switch,compose:caps
Optional if you want "us2" in native SFOS apps too + a way to switch back to "us" with Alt+Space from SFOS (but really, "us2" is useful in LXC and chroot only, not really in native apps except Havoc if you installed the compose-deadkeys package from Openrepos.net):

Code:
dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/layout \"fxtec_vndr/pro1\(us\),fxtec_vndr/pro1\(us2\)\"
dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/options \"grp:alt_space_toggle\"
dconf write /desktop/lipstick-jolla-home/model "'fxtecpro1'"
Changing input language in the SFOS GUI later will revert this (including the toggle option).

---

We have mouse support too (all buttons and scroll wheel work), but so far we haven't found a way to display the cursor icon, or to rotate the mouse into landscape orientation (xinput doesn't seem to work with xwayland, and Wayland doesn't offer as many customization options).

HDMI out would be the next step, but Illyria doesn't know for sure yet if that would be doable.

(I posted the same video and some pics in the Proš thread some weeks ago when I just finished configuring the container, no one noticed it! :O)

-- Posted from Debian Sid i3. :>

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-08-04 at 15:41.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, development, linux