Thanks for this detail... I do believe there is always something new to learn and at first read this proves that point for me... I understand almost nothing here but that does rouse my curiosity.

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
I have only had it for a few weeks but i got an 8 gig OCZ class 6 from newegg. I keep it in my internal slot and use another spare 2 gig sd in external. After another few weeks i will likely purchase another 8 gig card.

So far my movies werent very 'write' intensive i just copied them and subsequently read them.

I do use that card to hold a 128meg swap file and lately i've been caching some maemo mapper maps which do alot of disk writes.

So far no problems. I am -hoping- any problems people are encountering are either from mixing with (previous?) experimental kernel patches (before official support came out), alternative filesystem format structures (i never formatted the card i just used default format), or usage with hardware like sd card readers which may not correctly support the new sdhc standard.

To be safer (from what i dont know) you could use the internal slot for mass storage of media which the n800 will just read from and put a smaller sd card in external for write intensive apps. I am guessing no card was ever trashed from reading a movie or mp3. I also do all transfers (to sdhc card) connecting n800 directly to host pc via usb (this method i figure has had the most qa testing put into it)

You should absolutely upgrade to the newest firmware (which added sdhc support) before putting an sdhc card into the device though.

Hope it didnt confuse you, that was response to other user.

That discussion by the way was entirely about high capacity memory sticks which you may not even need.

No, dont get this device.
It will get you hooked. I know nothing about linux but to do anything more then brrowsing, you have to pick up basics.

So, on a scale of "0" (really easy) to "10" (difficult indeed) would you and others say it is to pick up the Linux basics?

Originally Posted by basco View Post
No, dont get this device.
It will get you hooked. I know nothing about linux but to do anything more then brrowsing, you have to pick up basics.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Maine USA
Picking up the basics? I'm going to say 2.5 - 3 The n800 is a very easy device to use.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Phoenix
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
This is going to be the best thing in life for you for atleast teh next 4 months....
Why do you say the "Next 4 months" ?? What is coming out?