Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
In the end it was Kmplayer with mplayer with decoder code pack which gave both audio and video.

Can't wait to get leste running fast and smoothly on N900!

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-02-06 at 07:19.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
In the end it was Kmplayer with mplayer with decoder code pack which gave both audio and video.

Can't wait to get leste running fast and smoothly on N900!
And I can't wait for Leste to get ported to the Fxtec!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
I understood there would be soon news from leste but haven't seen any since january.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Did I understand correct that Alpha release will be in the end of the year? That would be cool. And nice to see my own work on news. First time my work on any news I think.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
I think it would be interesting to compare Fremantle graphics stack against Leste to see what improvements/ regressions have been made. I'm thinking to see if it's worth extending the GL usage by Hilton as previously it didn't do a lot.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I think it would be interesting to compare Fremantle graphics stack against Leste to see what improvements/ regressions have been made. I'm thinking to see if it's worth extending the GL usage by Hilton as previously it didn't do a lot.
If you have some time to spare and would like to help out, we could use help figuring out what patches clutter 1.x needs (if any) from clutter 0.8. The clutter 0.8 version of h-d runs smooth, but the clutter 1.x one does not. There are some deprecated functions that we're using in our clutter 1.x port of hildon-desktop that we should not use anymore, and I think we might have run into a bug with cogl (that may go away if we stop using deprecated functions).

None of us have had a lot of time to work on this, so if you have some time and want to look at GL usage of hildon, that'd be welcome...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Fmg did far more work on clutter than me when working on gtk3 port. The clutter issue I had was the deprecated functions were replaced with now deprecated functions which were replaced by functions with no decent examples. Even within mutter.

I'm working on some other projects at the moment but if I get time I'll have a look.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Did I understand correct that Alpha release will be in the end of the year? That would be cool. And nice to see my own work on news. First time my work on any news I think.
The first Alpha should be out way sooner. What you saw was a fluke / page that should not have been there with a stub date.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Even better! Thanks for update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7