Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Not sure, I'll have a look at journal the next time it happens, now that I know how to get out of it.
Just a hunch, could be that some operation in UI gets lipstick in a non-happy path. Something that happens when an application's window is delayed in closing like the phone application does.
For me it happens too often now. People here use different SFOS versions and CM bases so that they may not encounter it. I migrated everything from one phone to the other using multirom and tars and the issue happens more often but it should not be hardware related ...

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
For me your workaround does not work, but maybe its because i use mazelock patch.
I suppose so. For mazelock to work you need to track finger-drawn vertexes on the touchscreen which is very different from getting input from taps.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Rooting Sfdroid

Start Sfdroid and open settings.
Tap on about phone and look for the build number. Tap the build number 7 times, after a few taps you'll get a counter which tells you how many taps are left until the developer options are activated.

Enter the developer options and enable root for apps.

Restart the phone into recovery and flash SuperSU 2.52, newer versions did not work.

I have uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7h2f8v92d...v2.52.zip?dl=0

Reboot the phone and enjoy root in Sfdroid.

I've tested this version with Multirom, but it should also works with a normal installation.

Last edited by mautz; 2016-09-23 at 06:16.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Looks great!
I have been looking for an easy install Sailfish image for my (flo) Nexus7 64gb.
Cyanogen+Fdroid is less of a toilet than Android+GooglePlay but I want a real OS and just sandbox the Cyanogen for a few apps.
I tried Ubuntu Touch but it is just too sparse, reminded me of the sparse catalog for my old OpenMoko and still had non-standard commands from using Android bits..
Well, once I fix the cracked touchscreen I will be ready to install. Then on to helping bug hunt sfdroid! Will any config files need edited to run sfdroid on the Nexus7?

Last edited by biketool; 2016-09-23 at 11:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I suppose so. For mazelock to work you need to track finger-drawn vertexes on the touchscreen which is very different from getting input from taps.
It works!

Just lock and unlock the phone to be prompted with the maze dots. Now you have to tap with three fingers of whom one finger has to touch a dot in the top row. The dot touch gets registered and everything is back to normal and you can swipe your maze.

Thanks again for your great find!

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
This works like a dream save for MMSes.

By and large MMSes work on 3G but dont work on 4G (T-Mobile USA)

Annoyingly enough though there is virtually no 3G coverage in my area, just spotty 2G and fairly good 4G coverage. I *think* they might work over 2G but my 2G connection is so weak they often fail to download in such a way that there is no option to retry.

When I am in range of 3G they do work over 3G but I dont live or work in range of 3G.

Ive tried a number of different APN settings and tweaks and I can't get 4G MMS to work. 4G data appears to work fine.

If anybody knows a solution I would be much obliged.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Odd, since I have not seen any problems with either sending or receiving MMS'es, and I use MMS a lot.

Do your problems relate to sending or receiving?
Have you checked what's in the journal when you have problems, and compared to cases when it works OK?
Does SMS work correctly to you?

My network setting is "prefer 4G" but I have to confess I have not checked on which network my device is anchored to when sending MMS messages.

Do your problems relate to sending or receiving?
I cannot send or receive a MMS on 4G. (T-Mobile USA)
I can reliably do both on 3G.
I seem to have intermittent problems with both on 2G. 2G might be choking on large file sizes or having issues with signal strength, im not sure.
The data connection is always fine for the browser across 3G and 4G.

Have you checked what's in the journal when you have problems, and compared to cases when it works OK?
Im extremely new to Sailfish OS, though I am a fairly experienced desktop Linux user (though I havent logged much time with systemd). How would I do that? I know how to ssh into the device. Are you talking about Journalctl ?

Does SMS work correctly to you?
Vanilla SMS is fine.

Last edited by trashHeap; 2016-10-03 at 17:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
I ran the MMS logger from the Jolla Store and captured a failed MMS over 4G here: http://pastebin.com/dG8Btqyb

And a success over 2G here: http://pastebin.com/FVBLXiUi

Ive tried three or four different recommended APN settings for various phones, all with identical results.

This error seems telling but im not sure of what:

2016-10-03 18:53:52 [mms-task-http] HTTP status 4 (Cannot connect to destination)
Does anyone know if its possible this im running against an ofono bug like this one? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...o/+bug/1360403

The Following User Says Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
Looks great!
I have been looking for an easy install Sailfish image for my (flo) Nexus7 64gb.
Cyanogen+Fdroid is less of a toilet than Android+GooglePlay but I want a real OS and just sandbox the Cyanogen for a few apps.
I tried Ubuntu Touch but it is just too sparse, reminded me of the sparse catalog for my old OpenMoko and still had non-standard commands from using Android bits..
Well, once I fix the cracked touchscreen I will be ready to install. Then on to helping bug hunt sfdroid! Will any config files need edited to run sfdroid on the Nexus7?
I'm afraid installing sfdroid on the Nexus 7 isn't as easy as that, you will have to get the Android sources and compile it yourself, moving forward we're using a very specific version of CM12.1 for sfdroid, the reasoning behind this will become clear soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid