Active Topics

Notices

PLACES of FaceBook Does it work on N900????????????

http://www.facebook.com/places/

The Following User Says Thank You to Geekworld For This Useful Post:
I think it does if you use the www.touch.facebook.com website. But I haven't tried myself (don't really care to share my location).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I think it does if you use the www.touch.facebook.com website. But I haven't tried myself (don't really care to share my location).
Thanks for the reply.Yes this link of touch.facebook.com is working on N900.But it showing an error saying
"We couldn't determine the coordinates of this location.Check if your latitude and Longitude are in range, and verify the format of the location.\n

Please can any one let you its the same error on all N900s.

Thanks

Works for me (after acquiring a GPS lock). It asks me to select the nearest location (since my GPS lock was coarse accuracy since I'm in a building).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
I cannot test it because it only seems to work in USA

Works for me (after acquiring a GPS lock). It asks me to select the nearest location (since my GPS lock was coarse accuracy since I'm in a building).
Gps should be in course accuracy or fine accuracy......my gps is in fine accuracy ..it shows me the same error of lat long accuracy..plzz help
Is there no way for it

Last edited by Geekworld; 2010-09-09 at 23:30.

[QUOTE=Geekworld;812123]Gps should be in course accuracy or fine accuracy......my gps is in fine accuracy ..it shows me the same error of lat long accuracy..plzz help

Is there no way

Originally Posted by Geekworld View Post
Gps should be in course accuracy or fine accuracy......my gps is in fine accuracy ..it shows me the same error of lat long accuracy..plzz help
Is there no way for it
Are you in the USA? Facebook places only work in the USA. But even with fine accuracy it seems to ask me for the nearest place (it picks the places nearby based on the GPS location). So it works for me, don't know why it doesn't work for you. Are you sure are you trying touch.facebook.com?

Are you in the USA? Facebook places only work in the USA. But even with fine accuracy it seems to ask me for the nearest place (it picks the places nearby based on the GPS location). So it works for me, don't know why it doesn't work for you. Are you sure are you trying touch.facebook.com?
Do I need to install any browser geo location pluggin.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Geekworld View Post
Do I need to install any browser geo location pluggin.

Thanks.
Another question is it is picking me for a drop down menu of near by places,,but when Iam picking one and trying to add,,its on go

We couldnt determine the cordinate of this location.check if your latitude and longitude are in range and verify the format of the location.\n