Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Could you put a Screenshot of the folder view for me on imgur or somewhere and send me the Link via DM? Perhaps I can see something. Spaces etc should not be a problem under normal circumstances. Are the mp3 files visible?
Or… I think I got it… maybe they are named .MP3 instead of .mp3? I'll push an update tonight allowing unusual capitalization of file suffixes.
Haaaa, you are right ! The mp3 with capital letters "MP3"
Waiting for new update

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Haaaa, you are right ! The mp3 with capital letters "MP3"
Waiting for new update
Files with uppercase suffixes are now displayed/opened as well with the current build.
Mixed suffixes like *.oGG or *.Mp3 are still ignored (for now?).

Many thanks for reporting,
have fun!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Small issue: The artist and track being played are not shown on the lockscreen, but controls are.

The Talenfish icon is not explicit enough imho, but that's a matter of taste.
I will try to find the lock screen issue – at the moment, mpris simply ignores my attempts to set the values.

Heh, I really like the tape icon, but do you have an idea to make it better? Perhaps I like that as well…
___

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Thanks, No it can see and play my files. But now I have another issue..
When I skip forward - app crashed
When first file finished and should start the next one - app crashed

Edit:
After some crashes, I think it start to work....

Another strange thing, when it start "Reading duration" I noticed that on some files instead the time it write "error"...

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Heh, I really like the tape icon, but do you have an idea to make it better? Perhaps I like that as well…
It's already such a gift to have this app, I won't dare...and it's your app. The icon won't prevent me to use it

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks, No it can see and play my files. But now I have another issue..
When I skip forward - app crashed
When first file finished and should start the next one - app crashed

Edit:
After some crashes, I think it start to work....

Another strange thing, when it start "Reading duration" I noticed that on some files instead the time it write "error"...
Oh Dear. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce that in the next days to find a fix. Sorry for the rough start.
Do the files have a duration when you look at the playlist page? And do they work if you tap on them there? If it's always the same files that crash the player, could you send one of them to me?

Tip: To save your changed settings or your position and opened files, close the app normally before it crashes.

Originally Posted by romu View Post
It's already such a gift to have this app, I won't dare...and it's your app. The icon won't prevent me to use it
Aww, Thanks. That's pretty motivating!
___

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Looks like I have a bug report too, sorry

When I play an album and it's finished, then I open another album and start playing, Talefish starts playing the last song of the previous album even though it already shows the name and time of the first song of the new one. I have to press Pause, rewind to the beginning and press Play again to make it behave.

It is 100% reproducible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Looks like I have a bug report too, sorry

When I play an album and it's finished, then I open another album and start playing, Talefish starts playing the last song of the previous album even though it already shows the name and time of the first song of the new one. I have to press Pause, rewind to the beginning and press Play again to make it behave.

It is 100% reproducible.
No need to apologize, thanks for reporting as well! Will try to squash some of those bugs on the weekend.
___

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Oh Dear. Hopefully I'll be able to reproduce that in the next days to find a fix. Sorry for the rough start.
Do the files have a duration when you look at the playlist page? And do they work if you tap on them there? If it's always the same files that crash the player, could you send one of them to me?

Tip: To save your changed settings or your position and opened files, close the app normally before it crashes.
Hi. Sorry for delay.. I checked playlist and here all trecks shown normally with time. For now it working ok. Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
After being able to use it for a couple of album playbacks, here is my main comment: I've the feeling the Talenfish UX is oriented "track playback". For example, you can tap on a track to play it, but you've to "Open Directory" to play the whole album.

That's totally personal, but I would have expected quite the opposite, Talenfish being "album first" instead of track.

My 2 cents.

Tags
audiobook, player, sailfish