Active Topics

Notices

Hello all,
I was a big fan of the transport tycoon game and thats why i would like to have it on my phone but just 1 problem.
when i download in from application manager or just from the site, everything goes well untill i want to launch the game it shows just a black screen with the taskbar on the upside ofc.
and it will load forever.
does anyone has a answer to this problem? do i maybe also need to put the transport tycoon deluxe file on my n900.
Sorry for the noob question just stuck at this moment and i have the feeling alot of people know the answer to my question.
Thanks in Advance

Ps i google'd like hell also looked for a thread like this but diddnt found it.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Yes, I cannot possibly notice all threads

Could you try
1. Ensuring that you have the latest version from http://maemo.org/downloads/
2. Opening X Terminal and typing "openttd" then press Enter.

Ok this is what i did: i went to the application manager downloaded the open ttd file and installed its version : 0.7.4-1.
then i went to X terminal and typed "openttd" with " and without, also tried the name with the capital letters like its installed OpenTTD.
Anyways x terminal is telling me that openttd is not found, when i go to application manager again and go to delete the file is standing there with 2.7 mb if i remember.
i assume i do something wrong.

0.7.4 is not the latest (the latest is openttd 0.7.4-1maemo3). You most probably downloaded the one on the front page of this topic which is for the N8x0. I've already removed it.

Uninstall everything related to OpenTTD and download it from the application manager, games category.

(I have to wonder who allowed direct installation of .debs on a platform _without_ "fat-debs". Hey, maybe I should try to do fat-debs... hm... )

Last edited by javispedro; 2010-04-21 at 22:33.

I need help installing the latest OpenTTD on my N800. My tablet whacked out (endless startup loop), so I had to start from scratch and reinstall everything. The only program I'm having problems with is OpenTTD.

When I tried to restore and install the latest version 0.7 through Application Manager it downloaded it and then said "Unable to update OpenTTD",...maybe some files left from my restored backup? So I downloaded the previous 0.6 version from openttd.garage.maemo.org (that's the only version there), used the dpkg command to install it, and that works fine. Now my tablet keeps telling that there's a newer version 0.7, but when I try to update my current version it says "Unable to update OpenTTD". Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
Any suggestions?
Please try to run, as root, from the command line:

dpkg --purge openttd openttd-opengfx openttd-data opengfx

then try to reinstall the latest again.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I did as you said and then tried to run the game, and nothing happened. So then I ran the game from the command line and got the message: 'Error: Can't find file sample.cat'. So I looked around in several prior openttd data directories I had on my SD card, found the sample.cat file, copied it to the new openttd data directory on my SD card, ran the game and now it runs fine,....woohoo!!! Thank you Javis! I really appreciate your help!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
OpenTTD is incompatible with PR 1.2? I can't seem to be able to launch the game after the update.
Tried un-installing and re-installing but still it doesn't work - clicking on the shortcut does nothing...

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
No one ever tried playing OpenTTD on PR 1.2?

Tags
games, openttd, port, sdl