Hi,

Here is my error when i try to connect on this board.

"Sorry, it seems that you are using an IP address or a proxy that is listed in the forum anti spam blacklist.
Feel free to contact our staff on irc freenode #maemo channel."

I am in France now.

Why?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
I am in France now.

Why?
Because you are French?

But, jokes aside, I assume you ask why your IP address is being blocked, not why you are in France.

The most likely cause is that you connect from home using some public ISP (Internet Service Provider). Public ISPs suffer these kinds of problem all the time. Some naughty people use them too and their IP address gets on a blacklist. This is the main problem with IP black lists - it is the least reliable online security method. For the same reason, fewer and fewer outlets use them. It looks like TMO is one of the few that still do.

What can you do? You have a few options:
  • Try using a different internet provider (for example, try using 3G/4G or from work).
  • Try rebooting your home router. This will disconnect you from your ISP and reconnect again. Quite often this results in allocating you a different IP address. It may or may not help since the new address will be from the same range belonging to that ISP. The new IP may also be blocked. Or the whole range.
  • Ask TMO admins to remove your IP from the blacklist. I do not know how viable this is. I do not even know if there even are any TMO admins any more.
  • Wait a few days/weeks/months for the blacklist to get updated automatically.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Ask TMO admins to remove your IP from the blacklist. I do not know how viable this is. I do not even know if there even are any TMO admins any more.[/list]
They are there, and they do help. One obviously may need to wait a couple of hours. I've also had an IP address problem recently, and one of them got in touch with me to assist.