Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Thank you! Are apps like chrome fully functioning? How could I test it on a Nexus 5?
Seems it works only with CM11, I hope someone will port it to Nexus 5 with CM12 too

Last edited by claustn; 2017-02-05 at 13:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Thank you! Are apps like chrome fully functioning? How could I test it on a Nexus 5?
Seems it works only with CM11, I hope someone will port it to Nexus 5 with CM12 too
Install CM11 based Sailfishos using Multirom and test it on your Nexus 5, you might need to modify the scripts. I am pretty sure that it will not run with CM12 base.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
First I would like to understand if there are advantages compared to sfdroid or not. Question for who is using this port on Nexus 4, are android applications able to play sounds? what about cpu usage?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
First I would like to understand if there are advantages compared to sfdroid or not. Question for who is using this port on Nexus 4, are android applications able to play sounds? what about cpu usage?
I am using that Nexus 4 as a daily driver. Everything works well. Sound, games everything works like you have android device.
I used to use sfdroid but i did not like it. It felt like cheating
If you run any android app aliendalvik will start automatically, otherwise you should stop it because it well use RAM ~300-350 MB and battery.
Funny thing is Google apps like play store, services use more RAM then whole SFOS

About Nexus 5. I installed aliendalvik on nexus 5 too but it does not work. I press start and it stops immediately. First of all problems is that i have CM12.1 base on nexus 5. Sadly i can't download CM11 M11 for nexus 5 because CM is down. Thank god i had CM11 for nexus 4 and CM12.1 for nexus 5. at least nexus 5 works on Sailfish os. without CM12.1 i would not be able to install it.

If you know any source from where i can download CM11 M11 for nexus 5 please share I need cm-11-20141008-SNAPSHOT-M11-hammerhead.zip version.

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Install CM11 based Sailfishos using Multirom and test it on your Nexus 5, you might need to modify the scripts. I am pretty sure that it will not run with CM12 base.
If you have CM11 M11 version for nexus 5 please share.
Cyanogenmod is down and no one can get any version from their site.
So irresponsible from cyanogenmod. Why would they prevent us from using older ROMs? For which some of us have donated money. It's so sad

The Following User Says Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
P.S. PM me if something goes wrong.
That won't work (yet). You need at least 5 posts to send and receive PMs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That won't work (yet). You need at least 5 posts to send and receive PMs.
LOL that line gave me a headache.
I posted it on one forum. Then copied it on https://together.jolla.com/questions...y-desc/page:1/
One user commented that TJC does not have pm. now on this site. I guess i'll just remove that line from this text and copy like that if i ever need to copy this text

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
If you have CM11 M11 version for nexus 5 please share.
Cyanogenmod is down and no one can get any version from their site.
So irresponsible from cyanogenmod. Why would they prevent us from using older ROMs? For which some of us have donated money. It's so sad
There is a beautiful website called archive.org where I found it! http://web.archive.org/web/201604120...hammerhead.zip

Please try it and let me know if it works

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
If it work's, does it really make sense to fall back to cm11? there are several advantages of cm12 base on nexus 5 as bluetooth stability etc and on the other hand mautz's cm13 base seems almost be ready .. Hoping for a rebase of aliendalvik seems to be nonsense, right?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
I used to use sfdroid but i did not like it. It felt like cheating
Well I think that AlienDalvik on nexus4 is cheating because it is commercial, one is not paying for it and it is proprietary software. In the other hand sfdroid is opensource, free and made by awesome community members.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post: