Notices

Has anyone had any trouble using the chat feature on Facebook? I've had iffy success at best -- the message sends, but half the time, FB tells me that it could not connect and it delays sending it for a few minutes.

Or maybe it's me. I'm a newbie, so apologies for that.

An integrated (into the contact app) version of facebook chat is coming along.
I haven't tried using it much in the browser yet.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ForzaHudd View Post
Has anyone had any trouble using the chat feature on Facebook? I've had iffy success at best -- the message sends, but half the time, FB tells me that it could not connect and it delays sending it for a few minutes.

Or maybe it's me. I'm a newbie, so apologies for that.
Works fine for me, but that's in 3.5g or wifi.... - have to admit i much prefer not using it on the N900 though!

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Works fine for me, but that's in 3.5g or wifi.... - have to admit i much prefer not using it on the N900 though!
I was using wifi, actually (haven't stuck a TMobile card in yet). Maybe it was a one-time shot.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
ForzaHudd,

I would suggest trying it in pop out mode, or enter use lite.facebook.com then launch FB chat. It will then give you a dedicated chat window. Atleast until the integrated FB chat plugin is released.

Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
An integrated (into the contact app) version of facebook chat is coming along.
I haven't tried using it much in the browser yet.
what's it called?

http://maemo.org/packages/view/pidgin-facebookchat/
Anyone had any luck installing this pidgin plugin?,

I also have trouble using the chat on facebook website when connected though 3g, but it works ok on wifi through.

Also i keep hearing people saying about how an integrated msn, twiter, facebook etc will come, but is there actually an official announcement / guaranty from nokia that this is gonna be included. Or is the community just expected to do it?

Hello,

I have a problem, after i put my login/password, when i click on the open session button, it freeze and the only things I can do, is to click on the blur zone. Any Ideas ?

Geteha.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by geteha View Post
I have a problem, after i put my login/password, when i click on the open session button, it freeze and the only things I can do, is to click on the blur zone. Any Ideas ?
Did you power your N900 off and then back on after installing the Facebook chat add-on?

well its simple. just follow this steps!
1st - go to ur facebook account and activate the mobile account, then facebook will be sending u an @chat.facebook.com account. this is the account u will be using to log in chat from ur n900
2nd - go to jabber.org and register an account then link ur @chat.facebook.com account via jabber
3rd - go to ur n900 voip account then put ur @chat.facebook.com account in the jabber.
4th - congratulations u have facebook chat on ur n900

nid more help? email me ill chat help u frederick_lopez2000@ovi.com