Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Saying all the right things!

Interesting that they say the device has been in development for 2 years.

Manufactured in Finland... where? Those old Nokia factories that Turing wanted to use, or somewhere new?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
#NecunoMobile booting, we are on schedule! Stay tuned for more. https://necunos.com/mobile/ #FirstBoot #4SecBootUp #Secure #OpenSource #Mobile #NoBlackCode #NoiOS #NoAndroid
Source (with video): https://twitter.com/necunoscom/statu...07063527407616

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Third part of the blog: https://necunos.com/blog/securing-th...-mobile-part3/

We didn’t reinvent the wheel when starting with operating system for our open and secure mobile device. We are using Linux as our kernel and our goal is to have mainline always running on our device. We have concentrated on the LTS 4.14 version. In our own system we have used components from known embedded and phone projects. ‘Our’ operating system will be opensource, it did come from the community and we want to give back to the community. More about our operating system will follow with official announcements.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by brunelli View Post
Source (with video): https://twitter.com/necunoscom/statu...07063527407616
4 seconds? Great. My phone usually has uptimes best expressed in months (only need to reboot to update the OS ), so I actually I don't really care.

Also, those 4 seconds, does that include middleware and services? (Do those even exists on their platform yet?)

From on their blog (where's the Atom/RSS feed?) it looks like they have very little to show for on the software side. They only mention Linux, and the kernel version they're using. The rest is basically a plea for help:

That is why we invite all (mobile) FOSS enthusiasts and communities to join us and participate in this mission of providing a truly open mobile ecosystem.
Meh. Good intentions perhaps, and they do apparently have an actually hardware part running, but that isn't enough to get me excited.

[Edit] Hmm, that hardware isn't theirs? See this and that...

Last edited by Fuzzillogic; 2018-09-22 at 22:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
(where's the Atom/RSS feed?)
...linked directly on the bottom of every single blog post. What other obvious things is your "analysis" missing?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to khm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
4 seconds? Great. My phone usually has uptimes best expressed in months (only need to reboot to update the OS ), so I actually I don't really care.

Also, those 4 seconds, does that include middleware and services? (Do those even exists on their platform yet?)

From on their blog (where's the Atom/RSS feed?) it looks like they have very little to show for on the software side. They only mention Linux, and the kernel version they're using. The rest is basically a plea for help:

Meh. Good intentions perhaps, and they do apparently have an actually hardware part running, but that isn't enough to get me excited.

[Edit] Hmm, that hardware isn't theirs? See this and that...
I did see those devices, and yeah, might be the same hardware.But PriveOS isnt Open Source.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by khm View Post
...linked directly on the bottom of every single blog post. What other obvious things is your "analysis" missing?
It wasn't there before when I first looked, they have added it later. Also, the place where they should have put that link, is in the head of the HTML, so the RSS-icon in the web browser lights up, so I don't have to search for the link. They haven't done so.

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I did see those devices, and yeah, might be the same hardware.But PriveOS isnt Open Source.
Well, they claim:

Operating System: PriveOS™
Source code visibility: 100%
Ok, visibility != open source, but they do mention open source in other parts. I guess it's vague at best.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Next part of the blog, Phone connectivity and its backdoors: https://necunos.com/blog/phone-conne...its-backdoors/

Surprise! It is not a phone. Or at least it does not have cellular modem.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
I find it interesting no one here bothered to comment on this post from one week end ago, despites having had a lot of comments at the start when not much was known.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I find it interesting no one here bothered to comment on this post from one week end ago, despites having had a lot of comments at the start when not much was known.
You mean, the off-topic discussions?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post: