Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
Try to replace
Code:
property int value: windDirectionIcon.rotation
to
Code:
property int value: model.windDirection
That looks like it fixed it!, I'm certain that I'd already tried that, but clearly I didn't!, nicely done Ancelad. I guess we can apply the same with windspeed to complete the ensemble. So we can have weather image, weather destination & temp + windspeed & wind direction, now to make the look presentable on the lockscreen.

I have also been playing UV, Sunrise and Sunset, prompted by discussion on tjc regarding more usable weather data; https://together.jolla.com/question/...r-application/

Thanks again!, I can't believe the remedy was so simple, but i had the same thing when attempting to make windDirection as text, I got so close, but input from others is always welcomed and of course, it helps when others are interested in particular apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
I think you should share all concepts once together to see what you want instead one-feature requests because probably they will not work together at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
I think you should share all concepts once together to see what you want instead one-feature requests because probably they will not work together at all.
Agreed.....when I get them working satisfactorily, if at all. I hear what you're saying, there is limited room on the current weather page and not all info is useful.

My main reason for asking the folks at Jolla, was so I didn't waste my time trying to make things work that are not available or not included because of the package type Jolla paid Foreca for.

Most of what I do (poorly) is for self gratification, unless I happen to find something that works reliably (wind direction text), then I like to share, just as I believe you do. My reward is simply making something happen that didn't happen before, I think of it as a reward system, part of my encouragement to keep learning about the in-depth world of coding.

While I think of it, the 'if/else' statement system I adopted for Wind Direction Text patch I wondered if there is there another way of calling on that data, by that I mean, something less clunky, less 'amateurish', something smarter than 'if/else'...?

The Following User Says Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
If/else can be replaced by ?/:, but it is the same thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
In some languages there is a select/case syntax. Don't know, if that's available here.