Active Topics

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
You can edit /lib/dsp/dsp_dld_avs.conf and comment out the sbcenc line. (IIRC anyway, I remember lardman saying that somewhere, I'll try and find it...)

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Yeah you can comment out the line and restart dsp_dld, or more easily leave the conf file alone and just change the name of sbcenc.o so it can't be found and loaded.

/lib/dsp/modules/sbcenc.o for those who aren't pyschic

Last edited by lardman; 2008-07-09 at 18:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Yeah , I saw that one too. I wonder if there is a remote control program for mplayer that doesn't rely on keypresses (in headset-control, I make it use dbus-send which is much more reliable than xte/keypresses and works when locked)
Can you tell me how pause mplayer using dbus?
May be use mplayer in slave mode and control via pipe.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/slave.txt
I made fifo /tmp/m and start mplayer from console
mplayer -input file=/tmp/m -slave -quiet <mp3 file>
Now
echo pause >/tmp/m
pause mplayer

Last edited by svs57; 2008-07-10 at 09:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to svs57 For This Useful Post:
I got it working, quite, the only problem I have is that I can't get the remote controls working, any idea how can I debug? I have a2dpd.conf set up to send -remote controls to kagu, but it doesn't work, when I issue a 'kagu -remote...' from the console, it works, so the problem seem to be in a2dpd, I just can't figure out, what's wrong...

os.system('echo pause > /home/user/.kagu/fifo')
Work even if screen or tablet is locks.

Do anybody know how connect IT to headphone using dbus?
I neet script which turn on BT and make a2dp connection to headphone.

Originally Posted by Saviq View Post
I got it working, quite, the only problem I have is that I can't get the remote controls working, any idea how can I debug? I have a2dpd.conf set up to send -remote controls to kagu, but it doesn't work, when I issue a 'kagu -remote...' from the console, it works, so the problem seem to be in a2dpd, I just can't figure out, what's wrong...
ATM, maemo Bluez only understands one button from HSP (i.e., all buttons act the same).

But, IIUC, you can't even get that with a normal A2DP set, because they use AVRCP for button handling, which has zero support on the tablets; I'm not sure if it exists in upstream Bluez yet.

The solution, obviously, is to write an AVRCP and submit it to Bluez; second best (and far more likely) is a separate program to do that, but some coding is needed either way.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Hello guys,
I tried the steps in the first post for a2dp but to no avail. The most irritating fact is that my mplayer is acting wierd. Everything plays in fast forward mode without sound. This happened after installing the a2dp scripts. The samething happened the last time i tried. so can someone tell me how to remove mplayer without any trace? because even if i reinstall mplayer it plays in fast forward mode.
AS FAR AS i remember i think i need to remove the mplayer.conf fille from xterm..... how do i do it to get a fresh install of mplayer?
Thanks

Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
Well, it's not perfect yet and the "setup program" is somewhat less than elegant, but it "works for me" (TM) and I couldn't convince anyone else to test it. Just follow the instructions carefully and it should work well.

That's it for now. Tell me how it works for you. Keep in mind this is very beta, and that I don't consider this finished yet. If anyone is interested in the "source" package for this .deb tell me and I'll upload it as well. It's really just a script and a config file.

-John
Hi John,

I tested this on a brand new freshly flashed diablo installation. Being a newbie of the highest order, it took me a while to get everything together. I first had trouble installing mPlayer due to a lack of three libraries, (libtheora0, libmad0, libogg0). I then found those libraries, but they were incompatible, until I found out about the "Red Pill" trick. I have to say, your package installed nicely, and also I'd like to thank the many commenters who have left clues about the various tricks of the trade involving installation for those of use who are neophytes.

Here's my application: I have a home audio system (Sony HT-CT100) and attached to the digital media port I have the Sony TDM-BT1, a bluetooth input device with the A2DP profile. This device works flawlessly with my Nokia N75, which has A2DP support built in.

I'm using mPlayer version mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.29.n8x0_armel.deb with the KMPlayer gui. I'm using a2dp-support_0.9_all.deb, with the osso-statusbar-cpu running in the system tray (a great suggestion). The music I'm playing is the files that were ripped from CDs.

I have no problem at all connecting with the device, and the music plays, except there is a great deal of skipping. A song will play for about a second, then skip with a gap of about 1/2 second and then continue to play. Once it seemed like the pitch of the songs were altered. There are not any problems with crashes or functional changes in the mPlayer, which is good. I'm guessing that the processing is not keeping up the the data stream.

I was wondering: do you have a suggestion on what to do next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Being a newbie, I don't think I'm qualified to try Simon's porting of the A2DP encoding in the DSP, unless it was packaged as a deb file. If it is not too difficult, I could try, but the directions would have to be pretty explicit. Also, am I using the latest version of your software?

Finally, when I first tried to sync up my N810 to the TDM-BT1, I sent a support request to Nokia, explaining that I could connect with my N75 but not my N810, and asked them if they supported A2DP. I got the usual boilerplate reply: A2DP is not supported and we don't recommend using third party products blah, blah, blah. I have to think, though, that Nokia is aware of this glaring hole in the capability of the N810, seeing that the N810 is a perfect tool for storing, playing and streaming music. After all, the first request for this (bug 667) was in 2006.. It seems a bit odd that my N75 works like a charm and the presumably more powerful N810 is still lacking the A2DP profile. Is there a technical reason for this?

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their contributions, and I'm looking forward to any new developments.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Please can some one tell me how to completely remove mplayer. Somehow my mplayer after being borked by the a2dp script is playing everything in fast forward mode. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling it.... but is the same. Is there anyway i can remove mplayer completely without leaving any footprint?

Thanks