Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
1) Will there be an option to save points of interest? An editable format (like .csv) would be quite helpful. Also putting POIs into categories might come in handy.

2) Could you implement an alert feature to make Pure Maps speak up when you are passing e.g. a parking structure?

3) I use Talefish a lot. When an instruction comes up, Pure Maps dutifully stops the audio on Talefish which is great. Is there a possibility to make it start again afterwards? For now, I always have to press "Play" manually again.
[1] POIs are saved already under .config/harbour-pure-maps/pois.json . So, you could get them from there and edit as you wish.

[2] like when you drive next to parking lots? or some other POIs? maybe, not sure yet how to implement it

[3] stopping is done via SFOS. to my knowledge, there is no code in Pure Maps that commands directly someone to stop. Hence it's in Jolla's capable hands, isn't it?

Other developments:

I managed to hit twice a condition that prevented the shutdown of Pure Maps on my device. At this stage, I don't know whether its the same as described earlier by @pichlo - its rather hard to reproduce the case for me. However, in the both cases, when looking through the backtrace (attached), I saw two threads accessing lh_insert () from /lib/libcrypto.so.10: one from Python and the other one from Mapbox GL. In Python, its called via PyInit__hashlib, in Mapbox via CURL.

This function is from OpenSSL which may be a problem in terms of multithread access to it. Now, I am not sure whether Python or Mapbox GL set OpenSSL locks, as requested in https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0....o/threads.html - assuming that we are still on 1.0.2 OpenSSL.

Will have to think about how to fix it or whether to wait till SFOS3 with its Qt update and shift Mapbox GL QML to use QNetwork, as it is intended. Right now its blocked by

https://together.jolla.com/question/...aces-are-down/
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59219

With OBS back in business, I maybe able to experiment a bit later with Mapbox GL filing the callbacks, as expected by OpenSSL.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
[3] stopping is done via SFOS.
This could be treated the same way as e.g. email or SMS notifications. They are played over any currently played music, without stopping the music. We just need to find out how

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Forgot to reply regarding categories: you could use Type for tagging your POIs. These are picked by search, so its easy to categorize already

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Will have to think about how to fix it or whether to wait till SFOS3 with its Qt update and shift Mapbox GL QML to use QNetwork, as it is intended.
I think it's a waste of time to hunt this bug down, when SFOS3 brings anyway structural changes. But of course this bug happens not that often to me, so it's just my personal opinion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
But of course this bug happens not that often to me, so it's just my personal opinion.
Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying that a voice notification from Pure Maps does not stop the current music payback for you? Would you tell us what audio player you are using?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I think it's a waste of time to hunt this bug down, when SFOS3 brings anyway structural changes. But of course this bug happens not that often to me, so it's just my personal opinion.
If my understanding is correct and if there are no other side-effects, I may be able to fix hanging on exit with relative simplicity. But doing something major would be, indeed, not wise before the next Qt will hit us.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
If my understanding is correct and if there are no other side-effects, I may be able to fix hanging on exit with relative simplicity. But doing something major would be, indeed, not wise before the next Qt will hit us.
I am writing a new podcast player right now based on the qt multimedia player. I tried it with parallel pure maps. It stops playing when there is a message by pure maps but it does not start anymore after the message. My app works with incoming calls (stopping and starting afterwards). Probably the app stops because some sailfish internal priorising when another app starts multimedia playing?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Wait, wait, wait. Are you saying that a voice notification from Pure Maps does not stop the current music payback for you? Would you tell us what audio player you are using?
I was not referring to this problem. This is not a Pure Maps problem but a Jolla problem (Which if I remember correctly, wasn't present in the past but was introduced with an update at some time). I was talking about the not exiting correctly OSM Scout Server.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
I am writing a new podcast player right now based on the qt multimedia player. I tried it with parallel pure maps. It stops playing when there is a message by pure maps but it does not start anymore after the message. My app works with incoming calls (stopping and starting afterwards). Probably the app stops because some sailfish internal priorising when another app starts multimedia playing?
Pure Maps has rather primitive audio support. All what's used is:

Code:
   Audio {
        id: sound
        autoLoad: true
        autoPlay: true
        loops: 1
}
When the new command comes, its played by setting audio source to a new file. If you know how to determine what's going on and how to restore what was playing before, let me know or, even better, submit PR.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
If you know how to determine what's going on and how to restore what was playing before, let me know or, even better, submit PR.
It looks like we all poke around with the multimedia players.

[Update] Interesting thing: my app plays as long as the first notification occurs. So the Audio player may initialize with the first audio file. Looks like the OS then priorises the map app (and stops all others). I do not have the Develop-Environment running when testing this (because in the car) but there may be some information here when the play status changes: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtmultime...ml#status-prop

Last edited by cy8aer; 2018-09-14 at 21:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post: