Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
chenliangchen thank you for this post because after a long time i'm considering leaving maemo/meego/sailfish ship. This BB Priv caught my attention in the moment of weakness (getting really dissatisfied with my Jolla) so it's a real option. The only thing that's bothering me is that Android has no real multitasking and i don't know if i can live with that (yet). Any comments about that?

Thank you in advance!
Android has real multitasking.
It's up to the developers to take advantage of that

Ironically, it has a better multitasking: For example, You can watch a video in a window on top any other app

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I like symbols on keyboard as well. But on Priv even for dot and comma you need to press the combined alt key, unlike Passport there are separate ", and ."
Try keeping the key pressed for a second. On most Blackberry's this will type the symbols.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
chenliangchen thank you for this post because after a long time i'm considering leaving maemo/meego/sailfish ship. This BB Priv caught my attention in the moment of weakness (getting really dissatisfied with my Jolla) so it's a real option. The only thing that's bothering me is that Android has no real multitasking and i don't know if i can live with that (yet). Any comments about that?

Thank you in advance!
BB 10 does have real multitasking. And hase very nice swiping based interface, ripped from WebOS and N9. Maybe you should try the Blackberry Passport. It does run Android apps, you can even load Google App Store. But I never tried that tough.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Why dont they make a landscape slider keyboard!? :'(
Guess that costs more on R&D and iFans ninnies would not like it and hard to sell to the majority customers...

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
How is the AMOLED screen compared to previous Nokia efforts?
I don't know actually, did not really used N9 or their Lumias long enough to say, but I can't tell the difference. They are both great to me. The downside is Priv's 2K resolution is unnecessarily high, 1080p will be more than enough for a 5.4 inch screen, and 2K just drains battery.

Thank you in advance!
You are welcome! I would keep a MeeGo/Sailfish device as a backup as they are so unique and efficient and beautiful.

I missed real multitasking as well. Android is a pain to use. If you can get your device rooted you can make "recent" key shows app running in background rather than all recent apps, that sort of limited multitasking. But for Priv, probably root won't be possible anytime soon. So if multitasking is your 1st priority, get a BB passport instead, BB10 is way better than Android on every aspect and you can sideload android apps on it as well.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Android has real multitasking.
No it's not. It has limited multitasking that may run 2 apps on separate windows, or keep a few recent activities. But it not even close to real multitasking, as per Maemo MeeGo etc.

Depends on your free RAM and cached applications, the system will kill some background activities automatically. Depends on how it was coded the app MAY resume from where it's been killed (As iOS's tombstone).

Even like 3GB RAM on Priv, there is no real multitasking. What a joke!

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Try keeping the key pressed for a second. On most Blackberry's this will type the symbols.
No, it shows mmmmmmmmmm on long pressing...

Edit: depends on your input method. Stock BlackBerry input shows capital letter.

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2015-11-12 at 08:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post: