Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by Hambert View Post
Same here, what a shame. We all should start bombing the Nokia Care email so they will fix it, it's an important fix and they can't leave it like that.

Meanwhile you can use the online mobile HTML5 version of Facebook, chat is live updated and Works really good, although its a Little bit laggy.
Agree with you nokia should fix that, or if this community can provide decent Facebook app, but's I think it's almost impossible to configure it with chat and contacts untill this is closed source section... (I suspect)
So that means: NOKIA fix this MeeGo bugs or give our programers full source code to fix these bugs instead of you!

Nah I don't know... btw a bit off topic but I've found something funny at Slovenian Nokia distributer... Nokia lumia 920 is cheaper than N9 how is that possible

Last edited by anzx; 2013-09-09 at 11:20.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Do you really believe Nokia will support changes made in FB etc infraatructure, APIs and so, forever?
Jeez, good luck.
Personally I dont give a rats a....
Much more would I like to see Nokia fully open-source the device, allthougg, even that will never happen, as many components are licensed and closed by vendors, ie wireless, and those cant for many reasons be distributed as source by Nokia.
So, Despite this, this is (because of all of us) the far best device out there, for devs, not ordinairy smartphone users for everyday use.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Do you really believe Nokia will support changes made in FB etc infraatructure, APIs and so, forever?
Jeez, good luck.
Personally I dont give a rats a....
Much more would I like to see Nokia fully open-source the device, allthougg, even that will never happen, as many components are licensed and closed by vendors, ie wireless, and those cant for many reasons be distributed as source by Nokia.
So, Despite this, this is (because of all of us) the far best device out there, for devs, not ordinairy smartphone users for everyday use.
They must do something, fix the issues, change the phone for lumia series or money back, (ofc for those who have N9 under warranty) ... Nokia claims (by warranty) that in warranty time (2 years) phone should work perfectly without any issues, but I'm sorry, this is not perfectly working phone for me... I've bought N9 in August 2012, so I have still 1 year warranty, and I'm sure there are many brand new N9's to be sold, but they can't sell not working device...

Sorry for off topic but these are the facts which Nokia should take serious.

it won't be fixed.

What's the best workaround for you people?

dropbox for N9 also stopped working, @NokiaCare doesn't care to fix it anyway

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Stupid thread. It aint gonna happen. Periode.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Don't even waste your time hoping for a fix from this crap company. They are a Windows Mobile company now and the last thing they want to hear about is Meego or the N9.
For them, Meego, the N9 and anything associated with it never happened and the last thing they are going to do is spend any money on hiring developers, outsourcing development or fixing anything.

There will be no new firmware or any fixes to any software that came with the phone. We could all sue them for false advertisement and even if we won they would just give us Lumias or a refund...but they will NEVER fix or even discuss this phone. It's a dead, legacy product for them and not worth discussing.

The only hope we have is the community and devs like knobtviker, coderus, Burning Platform, etc to continue developing and creating apps for us. Be happy that these devs are still around because eventually they will leave as well. Once Jolla's phone comes out we MAY get a new lease on life IF devs start porting Sailfish apps to the N9 and by the grace of god if someone figures out how to get the Android application layer working on the N9.

SB

Last edited by snowboarder; 2013-09-03 at 06:11.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I tried mc-tool update gabble/jabber/<facebookid> bool:require-encryption=1, but I still get the network error.

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
dropbox for N9 also stopped working, @NokiaCare doesn't care to fix it anyway
use filesplus,you can find it in the ovi store