Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
I didnt like this app and removed it.

I think it did something to the power menu and forces two taps to get the menu. How can I get one tap to get the power menu again?

Same issue here. Installed Rotate today from repos so must be latest.

But I have the same issue, without the uninstallation, just disabled.

To get the Power Menu, Power button has to be depressed twice in fast succession.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Who cares? Small price to pay for rotation, my friends.

Oh, and my friends: Vote McCain!

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Who cares? Small price to pay for rotation, my friends.
people who are not comfortable with it (for whatever reason) will care; see it from their point of view: if you disable/uninstall an application why should you suffer from a degrade in basic functionality that was altered by this very application?
to my mind it's indeed an issue and hence a fix would be highly appreciated...

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Durham, NC
Installing this makes a change in order to allow single power press to cause rotation. In order to get to the menu you're familiar with a quick double-tap should bring up the same menu. In order to correct this, you will need to be able to become root and use a text editor to edit the /etc/mce/mce.ini file.

I would make a copy so that you can revert, then edit using a text editor like vi. In the [Power Key] section, you will find information on 'Short', 'Long', and 'Double press' power key behavior.

I haven't installed this recently, but my copy of mce.ini has comments indicating what was changed to allow rotation and what the previous setting was. There's also a lot more info about mce in the forums, if you search.

Slightly offbeam question, but I think it's rotate-related.

I am running an N810 with Diablo, and the App Manager tells me there is a 5.2008.43-7 update available.

However, when I try to install it, it tells me:

Unable to update OS2008 Feature upgrade
Application packages missing: kernel-diablo-flasher (= 2.6.21-200842maemo1)
xserver-xomap (= 1:1.3.99.0~git20070321-0osso20083801)

I suspect this is down to the fact that I have installed the kernel flasher for rotation, and now it is not recognising the required kernel flasher, right?

Please advise how I get back to the right version of the kernel flasher so I can install this upgrade!

Thanks in advance,
Neil

I installed slide rotate using the sliderotate-diablo.install file after a "fresh flash". It installed fine and the power button causes the screen to rotate, as it should, however the orientation does not change when opening/closing. I've looked through all the settings and everythings seems to be configured correctly. Any ideas what I should do? Thanks.

Edit: I suppose I should mention that it's on a N810

Last edited by mikespug; 2009-03-19 at 15:55.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by mikespug View Post
I suppose I should mention that it's on a N810
You can't open and close an n800.

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
You can't open and close an n800.
touché

Any suggestions?

I can't imagine there isn't anyone else who has installed this recently and not run into the same issue of the screen not rotating when opening/closing. If the project is still being maintained I'd like to know how to help troubleshoot the problem and work on a bug fix...

It doesn't work with the new Diablo update. That's all I know.