Flashed today and working great on XZ2c... Thanks
I also pulled Aliendalvik files off my XA2, and alao working well. With a camera improvement, I'd have about the best phone setup I could ask for...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
With OBS shutdown (assuming it happens), we will have to see how whole infrastructure will be setup for ports. Currently we are, pretty much, in unknown situation. Hopefully, we will figure something out.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Flashed today and working great on XZ2c... Thanks
I also pulled Aliendalvik files off my XA2, and alao working well. With a camera improvement, I'd have about the best phone setup I could ask for...
I made the jump and bought an XZ2c to replace my Xc (microphone problems). Just erased my question about copying AD from my XA2.

Last edited by maximilian1st; 2020-09-08 at 11:02.

In case anyone else is wondering, manual update to 3.4 works fine... (I factory-reset first, just to have a clean test...) @rinigus - one issue is that when I try to install fingerprint support, it compalins of missing dependency, (fpd-slave). fpd package, and devicelock-fpd install fine, but sensor won't sense finger when trying to add a print... Any ideas?

Last edited by levone1; 2020-10-13 at 18:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
@rinigus - one issue is that when I try to install fingerprint support, it compalins of missing dependency, (fpd-slave). fpd package, and devicelock-fpd install fine, but sensor won't sense finger when trying to add a print... Any ideas?
I guess I can probably find the fpd slave files in the firmware download zip. I'll check it out...

@levone1, you updated to 3.4.x before I even had a chance to look into it. So, breakage is expected. Also, I expect that the issues with the port are reported only if the updates/flashes are done using released versions.

As usual with the ports, I am going to wait till the target for new SFOS release will be available at OBS. Only after that it makes sense to work on the update. Before that, I better focus on other projects.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
@levone1, you updated to 3.4.x before I even had a chance to look into it. So, breakage is expected. Also, I expect that the issues with the port are reported only if the updates/flashes are done using released versions.

As usual with the ports, I am going to wait till the target for new SFOS release will be available at OBS. Only after that it makes sense to work on the update. Before that, I better focus on other projects.
I knew that was the case, just wanted to mess around with better browser, (notably improved). I found a couple of broken pieces so far, but overall uaage is fine. Just wondered if there might be a quick file I could copy/paste to fix the fpd-slave thing... Thanks

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
is the Jolla OBS discussion going to delay target releases at OBS?

Originally Posted by pagis View Post
is the Jolla OBS discussion going to delay target releases at OBS?
No, not to my knowledge. They told on one of the meetings that all is as before until they figure out an alternative. When figured out, we are expected to be told 2-3 months in advance. So, I expect that SFOS 3.4.x.y will appear at OBS as well. It always takes a bit of time after release before OBS catches up.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
Thank you to all the smart brains behind this port. I just flashed an XZ2C that I used for a month to be sure it is working properly. The flashing ended with no failure and the system booted after unplugging the USB cable first off course.

Unfortunately for me an SMS came in as soon as the phone was booted into the newly flashed sailfish. I hope my speakers are not too badly damaged as it was a loud and cracking sound. They sound OK now with normal volume.

For some reason the phone had to be rebooted twice to log in to the Jolla store. I complained about a bad network connection but WIFI and Mobile internet were both working in the browser. The browser crashed but that is usual with this old version. Looking forward to the 3.4 port.

One can restore a backup from the 3.4 SailfishOS which is a big win as I could restore my Messages and some settings from an X Compact.

I hope someone will make a presage version of the French and English and Dutch keyboards because I had a read and am still not sure what to do or where to find the needed pieces to create such a keyboard with prediction. It certainly needs another good read.

The Jolla store is missing plenty of apps for some reason... Can't find the Noson app for example. The list of apps or new apps is very small as opposed to the huge list in the X Compact. Is that the price (free) to pay for a port instead of a Licensed (paid) phone? I had a look in my Jolla account and saw that I had all the official phones and a few more ported ones since the beginning of Jolla.

The Lighthouse app shows 0% CPU and a temperature of 29'000C.

Oh and by the way, where is the donate link for this port? ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post: