Originally Posted by N77 View Post
I thought it came out in 2016. Has better display than XA2, lighter and thinner...
Yep. I compared the three for lulz, so everyone can make up their own mind.
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...idPhone1=10095

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peperjohnny For This Useful Post:
I thought it came out in 2016. Has better display than XA2, lighter and thinner...

We are in mid 2020 so late 2015 or early 2016 is kinda the same.
As for the rest, lighter and thinner doesn’t impact performance. XA2 has much faster SOC and newer software, but again, it’s still a 2 and a half year old budget phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
My XperiaX is starting to show battery end-of-life symptoms, nowdys it hardly holds up to a whole day and drops to 10% around the late evening. (telegrame is what's eating the batery most)

Could people who have done DIY battery repairs give some pointers to where to order the battery and the extra bits needed for the repair? (It seems to need some special sticky tape and so on...)

It is easiest the best SFOS phone I have had and wojld be shame to scrap ot just for the flat battery...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately the problem is mostly with SFOS itself on X and X compact. I saw tremendous gains in battery life and performance when I restored the device to android Oreo.
So as the battery is getting older, it’s going to be really hard to use it as a daily driver with SFOS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
i have both (XA2 Plus), and i never noticed the image quality was better on the X...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
Unfortunately the problem is mostly with SFOS itself on X and X compact. I saw tremendous gains in battery life and performance when I restored the device to android Oreo.
So as the battery is getting older, it’s going to be really hard to use it as a daily driver with SFOS.
Indeed SFOS consumes a bit more power than android, however having battery last for 3 days is good enough for me, having it go flat in a day is a bit too short

I have had the device for something like four or five years and the battery lasted very well until just this last year it started running down faster.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Indeed SFOS consumes a bit more power than android, however having battery last for 3 days is good enough for me, having it go flat in a day is a bit too short

I have had the device for something like four or five years and the battery lasted very well until just this last year it started running down faster.
For my daily usage as a primary smartphone I couldn’t get half a day with SFOS, so your battery life looks amazing to me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
For my daily usage as a primary smartphone I couldn’t get half a day with SFOS, so your battery life looks amazing to me
So I guess you use android apps? I have of course purged all android-related stuff from the device; that helps to get better uptime.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
@juiceme
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+Xp...lacement/65962
& ebay, of course
Please do keep us informed, you're not alone trying to keep an xperia x alive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AardDevil View Post
@juiceme
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Sony+Xp...lacement/65962
& ebay, of course
Please do keep us informed, you're not alone trying to keep an xperia x alive.
Thanks, I already checked the instructions and mostly I'd like to know where to get the needed materials easiest/cheapest. In addition to the battery it needs the special tape to fix the backplate back to place after the repair. (and possibly the tape which keeps the battery in place, too?)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x