Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I'm hoping that one day there will suddenly start a yellow update blink on my N900 and when I check what it is it says "Maemo 7 (Leste) is ready to be installed. Do you wish to continue?"

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
I would rather see the effort by the Leste team put toward the droid or nexus...or other plentiful "x" devices
But another hand "n" devices have some good points. I don't mind if Leste team put some effort to check if it Leste is possible for N810 even it delays Leste for another devices (even I wait it to N900 and Droid 4). Because there is not so many devices with good keyboard and resistive touchscreen and it is so cheap these days, because Nokia build lot of them. Yes it can be little slow on N810, but maybe not too slow if make some kind of minimum Leste version. Can it be help if swap is on SD-card and it's OMAP2420-chip has PowerVR MBX 3D accelerator?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
How about Maemo-Leste for Jolla Phone?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to teroyk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by teroyk View Post
But another hand "n" devices have some good points. I don't mind if Leste team put some effort to check if it Leste is possible for N810 even it delays Leste for another devices (even I wait it to N900 and Droid 4).
Maybe I repeat but I'm waiting for this port because I almost broke N95-2 bootloader. Same SoC as N810.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
I think we should let the devs concentrate on the devices that are already being worked on.
I wish I had the skills to help with that...
What help can a spare time hacker and non-programmer offer? (Not a rhethorical question, I had a look at the list of tasks and it's all way beyond me.)

Sure it would be nice to have more devices but isn't that something to ask after the basics have been dealt with? Because last time I looked at it, there was still a lot to be done.

Or roll up your sleeves and try to get it to boot on $FAVORITE_DEVICE.

Easy to say for me, I have a N900, but maybe one could try in a VM first and take a look?

Also, I recently ordered a Motorola Droid 4 specifically to run Leste on it

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
I think we should let the devs concentrate on the devices that are already being worked on.
Agree, and luckily N900, Pro 1 and Droid 4 cover a lot of terrain.
Luckily N900 is included it does offer the best display. And the most productivity say ANTI-addictive useless time-wasting browsing social media is a built-in feature assured by hardware limitation.

Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
I wish I had the skills to help with that...
Same here. I think just running it on favourite device and report would do , however I am totally out of it, hard to imagine following a cryptic manual.
I had a terrible time installing Sailfish X on Xperia X and that was supposed to be wel documented smooth user friendly process Only second to wasting time on Windows issues or installation.

I have a feeling though that if I was to devote time, even pay annual fee for Maemo Leste support and development, the reward would be bigger than all the money and effort invested and stress endured due to would be alternatives to N900. (Jolla, Neo900, certain "privacy" Android ones...)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Ah...where is good ol' Dave when you need him...
Since what we need here is a poll!
Hahaha...
It would bide the time...

Personally ...I know I am pretty sharp...not to toot my own horn...or anything...
But yeah...
the advanced hoodoo...
in voodoo ...
that the boys do ...
Means I need lots of coffee ...chimichangas ...a cache of pharma...and a therapist on speeddial to keep up with...
And I am a wee bit spread too thin the last few months to spare that amount of cerebral cell damage...

The pro is an unknown at this point ..
Best options as has been mentioned are the n900 and droid ...
(I wouldn't mind a chroot for the n8x0 ...all that being said.)

Actually ..on the topic of resistive screens and qwerty keyboards and Leste...
I would prefer to see Leste finally do what should be done for maemo...

Become a proper Linux PC distro.

THAT would be my daily for work and play..on my 3 touch / penabled convertible Toshiba Portege m780s ...
If Leste can break out of the handheld ...
And be a proper distro...
Then maemo survival isn't in a state of perpetual existential threat as it has been for the longest time.
(Not that I have mentioned this topic before or anything ... )

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2020-01-25 at 15:06.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ California
Tried the latest build this weekend. Super impressed, stable and looks just like Maemo. I am in love. Thanks to the creator. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to linuxunux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Sep 2015 @ California
If we get maemo leste running on a fxtec pro, this could be the ultimate device and path forward. I know it’s been discussed but seeing how good leste is, it all within reach.

Also, anyone know what this is about?

https://github.com/NotKit/maemo-leste-fxtec-pro1-debos

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to linuxunux For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
TheKit has managed to nspawn Leste on Pro¹!
I hope i am allowed to share but i sense he only did not here since he is busy with more important things.
Colors are BGR swapped but that is only the first mention from 27th Jan.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7