Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
For many of you it may be easy to pay almost 700€ on a new phone. I sold my motorbike to pay some of my expenses and to have money to buy the FX Tec Pro1. This is a small effort comparing to FX Tec team on bringing us a device that no other company even dared to develop. When someone depends on othe to make something possible is very complicated because many things can hapen. They started to ship today. Even though it should be from warehouses and not from factory it still hapened. Let them give a chance to deliver all devices and i am sure that if they develop pro2 they learned a lot with these mistakes
If it does well enough, maybe Samsung or a big player will wake up and make a QWERTY of their own. The main reason why they were killed off in the first place is because market research suggested there was no demand vs the more popular slabs we see everywhere. And it kinda showed with sales numbers as well. But there's obviously still a demand for this form factor
Would love to see some competition in this segment

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
You never stop being exhausting. Liangchen's update is very positive and encouraging, and devices with moving parts and serviceable components instead of glue everywhere do take more time to assemble.

Here is the video for those who missed it:

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
You never stop being exhausting. Liangchen's update is very positive and encouraging, and devices with moving parts and serviceable components instead of glue everywhere do take more time to assemble.

Very humbling to see Chen on video. Wish I could've met him at the NYC event but it's really clear this is a labor of love. Absolutely melted when he said hopefully on it's way to your home. Super excited

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post

Decent update. Assuming it's true, they seem adamant that a large part of the orders (inferring a bit here) will get shipped this week. The explanation of it taking a relatively long time to assemble with a firm hour count explains why it's taking longer to me. However, no firm date again, and the 29th has come and gone (except for a couple of time zones) without anybody posting that they had a shipping confirmation.

I want to believe the video, but I just can't. Honestly, it might as well have been shot on the same day those pictures were taken, I see no difference or progress aside from Chen's words.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Well, what does that video say? We can put it into the scale

In the one end of that scale there is just so as Liangchen said.

In the other end there is just a random brown carton. In that carton there just seemed to be at least one random black smaller box in plastic bag. The box was not opened. In the right side outside that carton there was a "device" that looked like a Pro1, but that could be easily just some earlier prototype with temporarily added protective film...

The truth is somewhere at that scale

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Well, what does that video say? We can put it into the scale

In the one end of that scale there is just so as Liangchen said.

In the other end there is just a random brown carton. In that carton there just seemed to be at least one random black smaller box in plastic bag. The box was not opened. In the right side outside that carton there was a "device" that looked like a Pro1, but that could be easily just some earlier prototype with temporarily added protective film...

The truth is somewhere at that scale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
It has now been 1 full day since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfillment centers). Has anybody seen any shipping notification yet? Because I haven't. Wondering when that will change, I hope soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shirabe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Shirabe View Post
It has now been 1 full day since the 29th of October, which they said would be the latest day they would ship to customers (not to fulfillment centers). Has anybody seen any shipping notification yet? Because I haven't. Wondering when that will change, I hope soon.
According to themselves on their forum it's only in Asia they sending to customers starting 29th, though no one on the forum has received a shipping number and posted (anecdotal as that is)

Nothing yet arrived in US or EU fulfillment centers, so will be another week or two before shipping out in those regions it seems.

Every time they post it's a delay or a shifting of the goalposts.

I'll be really glad when the phone is in hand as the product itself looks and seems great, but this final stretch has been rough, not a good look for them

Last edited by electristan; 2019-10-31 at 19:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to electristan For This Useful Post:
I keep writing and deleting before posting for quite some time now.
It's just getting harder and harder to express myself without offending/triggering anyone, so it's getting annoying.
I'll just say that I hope the company makes enough profit to deliver pro2 in a couple of years, without crowdfunding, outdated specs, delays and drama.
Cheers

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit