Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
The back light layer of the unit Eske is using was from a small batch of samples. Production components comes with mass produced and in theory should be much better. (And I can see being better.)

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Regarding price, I noticed if you go to check out now, they don't appear to charge tax anymore. Total to the US comes out to 700 plus 10 for shipping.
Am I missing something here?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Regarding price, I noticed if you go to check out now, they don't appear to charge tax anymore. Total to the US comes out to 700 plus 10 for shipping.
Am I missing something here?
Seems correct because USA is obviously not EU where tax is mandatory.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Seems correct because USA is obviously not EU where tax is mandatory.
But I did get charged for tax on my preorder. They're no longer collecting tax for US orders?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
But I did get charged for tax on my preorder. They're no longer collecting tax for US orders?
Then I suggest you mail Fxtec support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nikos523 View Post
But i think that most of the budget is for the software, r&d, engineering etc.
Do hope that those investments do even out ... with future models , i.e. that Chen & Co. start appealing to a larger public.
Take software. There might well be droves of folks interested in a "basic" - mind my word usage - Android phone with a (more) full(y) implemented landscape mode. And other "basic" OS-users as well, now I come to think of it .

Concerning the Pro^1.
My only remaining interest – as not to say worry – concerns the battery serviceability. Those screws, they do make the battery (more easily) replaceable by the user, don't they?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AardDevil View Post
My only remaining interest – as not to say worry – concerns the battery serviceability. Those screws, they do make the battery (more easily) replaceable by the user, don't they?
They do. Chen has stated that the battery is not hot-swappable but it can be replaced. Which basically means that replacing the battery is complicated enough so you aren't going to use external battery charger and swap new battery in when previous one gets empty. But at same time it is easy enough for normal user to replace when it dies.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Is this device also going to "get better over time, just like red wine" like the Purism Librem 5?

Checked the specs: no resistive N900 screen for enhanced productivity , but what can we expect.
About audio recording: capabilities are left out.
Since 2008 Nokia E71, 2012 Nokia 808 and then subsequent disapointments with most "modern" 2016 phones such as Galaxy S7, I came to expect knowing some details about this.
I still use FMtx a lot to easily "cast" FM to all kind of radio's from car to those around the house. No love lost on that killer feature either?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
What will i receive first? The Fx Tec Pro1 or the screen protector i bought on Aliexpress?

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
indeed. it already got much better over almost 1 year of delays
Ain't that the truth, with the story still building, we have something to look forward to before the disappointment / reality sets in. ...Again.

At least it's "only" 700 Euro, that's half price of my Wife's new iPhone
And with a little bit of luck we can pull 5-10 yrs usage out of this for better or for worse. Will depend on the hardware fragility / Achilles heels yet to be discovered.

Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
What will i receive first? The Fx Tec Pro1 or the screen protector i bought on Aliexpress?
I know the answer on that. Invest now in a stack of accessories , remember that -one time- hard sought after Otterbox for N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit