SmartQ5 fix: http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...090727_all.deb

SmartQ7 fix: http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...090729_all.deb

Both links are broken

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...untu_9.04/all/

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ California
here is the link for the workaround and files:

http://www.jiongtang.com/blog/html/s...1#comment-1036

Hi guys a little help please. I have written two three times before but no body replied.

I had mer expanded in SD card in SMARTQ official OS but when i as accesing the files as root I accidently clicked on initramfs, the official OS suddenly went black and behaves this way since, I mean i am not even able to reset or flash it again, it does not respond to the buttons.

Help , help , help please

and we say linux can be more easily supported. thanks all of u guys for no help from ur side after all my posts.
Originally Posted by vipulbhandari82 View Post
Hi guys a little help please. I have written two three times before but no body replied.

I had mer expanded in SD card in SMARTQ official OS but when i as accesing the files as root I accidently clicked on initramfs, the official OS suddenly went black and behaves this way since, I mean i am not even able to reset or flash it again, it does not respond to the buttons.

Help , help , help please

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
and we say linux can be more easily supported. thanks all of u guys for no help from ur side after all my posts.
Right, I did not answer because what you describe is not logically possible. You state you were in the official OS, had unpacked the Mer Firmware image into seperate parts (an unsupported method but nevertheless perfectly harmless). You clicked the initramfs.gz file, which is in fact not a gz file, but a uboot headered cpio archive gzipped, which at this point burnt out your hardware. Which is impossible unless you fell over a dd command, cpio extracted the result and then a solar flare killed your circuitry.

So, only logical explanation is a hardware issue - as the prelude for the error you described does not correspond with the outcome. And we can't help with hardware issues.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
well appreciate your answer, but one my hardware is not bust. it shows green light keeps burning and hardware reset is not happening, and it is not reading the firmware files from the SDcard. Whether u believe or not thats what happened. I can post a video if u want to see or willing to help further.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Right, I did not answer because what you describe is not logically possible. You state you were in the official OS, had unpacked the Mer Firmware image into seperate parts (an unsupported method but nevertheless perfectly harmless). You clicked the initramfs.gz file, which is in fact not a gz file, but a uboot headered cpio archive gzipped, which at this point burnt out your hardware. Which is impossible unless you fell over a dd command, cpio extracted the result and then a solar flare killed your circuitry.

So, only logical explanation is a hardware issue - as the prelude for the error you described does not correspond with the outcome. And we can't help with hardware issues.

well appreciate your answer, but one my hardware is not bust. it shows green light keeps burning and hardware reset is not happening, and it is not reading the firmware files from the SDcard. Whether u believe or not thats what happened. I can post a video if u want to see or willing to help further.

Anyway thanks for your help.
Is your problem in any way related to my posts in this thread?

http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=89

The Following User Says Thank You to duncanb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
well appreciate your answer, but one my hardware is not bust. it shows green light keeps burning and hardware reset is not happening, and it is not reading the firmware files from the SDcard.
Why do you think your hardware's not bust, then? Not being able to hard reset and it not booting sounds like duff hardware to me. Perhaps this is the SmartQ 5's own WSOD[1]?

[1] The "white screen of death" is something that afflicted certain Nokia 770s. They'd become unbootable, only showing a white screen. It was a hardware fault.

Hello

I have Smart Q5. I tried MER 0.15 release booting directly from SD card (instruction on JT site). It is very fluent and convinient OS for such device as Q5, but haven't such important plugins like battery status, backlite changing, power off (not from CL)...
Which plugins will work from Maemo? Or may be possible to take some things from stock OS?
Also tried to make WIFI work on this device (according to Wiki), but without success. It shows "device no managed". In dmesg:

8686 sdio: sd 8686 driver
8686 sdio: Copyright HHCN 2009
mmc2:0001:1 failed with error -1

I hope Wifi prbm will be solved in 0.16
I tried 0.16test2 ,but no virtual keybord in login screen (known bug), so wait for future test version and ready to test.

Best regards,

Tags
parting of the red sea