Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
It worked fine for me. Both phone and tablet. Maybe you need to reflash?
Good. Are you using same account on both device? Regular, not early, right?

Do jolla provide tool to flash now? Or maybe it's time to flash jolla for good

Still find it dubious that everything works until the phone goes head to head with Fiskar. Not sure how jolla stores updates but It's an account issue since it can't download via terminal either. So jolla has managed to make something corrupt.

I think jolla shall discontinue updates and support for jPhone1 since they can't handle it. Better to invest these money into refund option.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-06 at 08:26.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Since updatind to Fiskarsinjoki 2.0.4.14 my tablet have experienced start up problems more often. It would load up until Jolla logo and Intel sign, then freeze. Long pressing powerbutton will shut it down and then when I turn it on again everything works fine.

Any advice how I should start to troubleshoot and resolve this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Is it true that people actually was lucky enough to get fiskarsinjoke downloaded? I fear that this is a conspiracy. And everyone is involved.
I experienced firmware update problems once, on a brand new device straight out of tbe box. Had to do factory reset through rescue mode. Never had any problems since, on two phones. I expect it will happen again at some point, since every OS update is a game of Russian roulette - Jolla phone or Windows desktop, all the same.

Dave, if you reset you pho e to factory defaults, you cannot update directly to 2.0.4. Depending on how old your device is, factory defaults take you back to 2.0.0, 1.0.4, or even (as is the case with my phone), 0.8.something. From there, you have to go through a series of updates to bring you up to date. There was a post around here somewhere listing the steps, but gou do not need to worry about that as the system will know.

But that works only if you follow the standard, GUI update route. If you try cvp's command line steps when you are on the "wrong" OS version, you may well screw up your system and need to factory reset AGAIN.

To sum it up, update errors happen occasionally and are impossible to avoid, but in most cases, problems exist between the phone's screen and the chair.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Regular account here on J1 with no Fiskars update either. Still on 2.0.1.11.

The time you invested Dave in tablet rant,... I envy you for the spare time you have.
Still completely understand you. Just please don't give Jolla such advices, as they might consider it seriously.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merienth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I experienced firmware update problems once, on a brand new device straight out of tbe box. Had to do factory reset through rescue mode. Never had any problems since, on two phones. I expect it will happen again at some point, since every OS update is a game of Russian roulette - Jolla phone or Windows desktop, all the same.

Dave, if you reset you pho e to factory defaults, you cannot update directly to 2.0.4. Depending on how old your device is, factory defaults take you back to 2.0.0, 1.0.4, or even (as is the case with my phone), 0.8.something. From there, you have to go through a series of updates to bring you up to date. There was a post around here somewhere listing the steps, but gou do not need to worry about that as the system will know.

But that works only if you follow the standard, GUI update route. If you try cvp's command line steps when you are on the "wrong" OS version, you may well screw up your system and need to factory reset AGAIN.

To sum it up, update errors happen occasionally and are impossible to avoid, but in most cases, problems exist between the phone's screen and the chair.
I know. Developers are usually the issue. "Works on my machine"
I have done factor reset 3 times always back to 1.0.4 and using the OS to move forward until I end up with Saimaa and then the OS want to move to Fiskarsinjovi. But noooo. cant download. Problem with store and cannot determine size Maybe I have to go some version before Fiskars who knows. maybe The OS have no clue. maybe I will try to install Aurajoki instead of FiskarsinJoki. Maybe even a random version will work better then what sailfish suggests...

Originally Posted by Merienth View Post
Regular account here on J1 with no Fiskars update either. Still on 2.0.1.11.

The time you invested Dave in tablet rant,... I envy you for the spare time you have.
Still completely understand you. Just please don't give Jolla such advices, as they might consider it seriously.
I have plenty of time. You have to make sure you have enough time + some extra time. Don't understand why people complaining about time. Right now I'm cleaning the house and and ranting here. Makes the cleaning even more effective and fun. And improving the language as you go.

Welcome to the situation Do you have a solution?

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-06 at 11:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ Helsinki
@ Dave999, the update doesn't seem to work for anybody. When you try to do it via terminal, you can see how the process fails immediately with the repository. The same problem has been reported in together jolla:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...-20414-failed/

I suppose there is nothing anybody can do except report a bug and wait for it to get fixed.

Last edited by jtkleine; 2016-11-06 at 12:40. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jtkleine View Post
@ Dave999, the update doesn't seem to work for anybody. When you try to do it via terminal, you can see how the process fails immediately with the repository. The same problem has been reported in together jolla:

https://together.jolla.com/question/...-20414-failed/

I suppose there is nothing anybody can do except report a bug and wait for it to get fixed.
Aha, yes, thought it was my accounts that somehow was ****ed up by jolla since all others said they could upgrade. Thank you. I knew it! It was a scam that Fiskarsjorvi was release

Asked jolla friday, and also in together.jolla. Noone said it isn't working. Maybe jolla should say something if that is the case.

Good news anyway. now maybe jolla can solve it at least. possibly. maybe.

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-06 at 13:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
... Good news anyway. now maybe jolla can solve at least. possibly. maybe.
Yea, I would like that.

The Following User Says Thank You to jtkleine For This Useful Post:
Yea, I would like that.
The bad news is that comment from jolla was more then 2 weeks ago

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
@ Dave999, the update doesn't seem to work for anybody.
I am sorry to say it but this is a load of bullcrap.
I updated 3 devices; Jolla sbj-1, Jolla model-C and Jolla tablet when the update came online and all went OK without any problems.

The one and only device which does have a lot of updete problems is my self-compiled Hammerhead device which did not update cleanly with OTA and for which I was unable to compile a fully-working 2.0.4.14/cm12.1 despite several tries...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: